What Browser Do You Use.

JOhnson

:oops: another question ... what browser do you use and "WHY" iv always used "Internet Explorer" because iv never known what else to use and I bet loads of other people on the internet are the same as me .. cause Internet Explorer is there they use it :(

I use FF cause it's not IE lol.. when i moved away from IE opera still had ads on their free version so i went to FF. I like the fact that it's open source thus free

I'm with err0r. I went to Firefox. When I did the switch Opera still had annoying ads in their browser and I wasn't about to pay for their browser to get rid of those annoying ads. So I went to Firefox. I occasionally use Opera and Chrome to check website designs

i use firefox, only time i use internet explorer is if i am playing poker because it wont run on firefox

i like it for its speed and it had tabbed browsing beffore IE

the mrs still use IE though but also uses firefox

i use OPERA which does NOT have ads anymore and is FREE

i also use it because firefox isnt as safe as they claimed

I use Firefox and Maxthon, because ... FF has all the usefull tools and extentions i like, and maxthon is kinda like a IE engine driven version of FF which is pretty cool.

I use Slimbrowser/Firefox/and Chrome. Slimbrowser for it's ease of use. Firefox for it's add-ons and Chrome cuz I'm trying it out.

i use OPERA which does NOT have ads anymore and is FREE

i also use it because firefox isnt as safe as they claimed

And Firefox is as safe as any other browser. The reason firefox is getting more exploits and such is because it is becoming more popular. As with any program, no one is going to bother exploiting a little known program. Theres no point. If only 3 people use one program and 300 use the other, which would you exploit if you were a hacker/cracker? I don't know about you, but I'd hit the 300. Now as Firefox is gaining ground in the browser race, more people are looking for exploits in the browser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

Looking at that chart alone, any hacker with half a brain is going to hit up ie and firefox. They hold the most to gain from if exploited. Your Opera browser is only that safe because no one is going to bother trying to hack a browser which only takes up .68% of browser usage.

Edited by Xaggeration

Opera, king of browsers.

I initially used Internet Explorer because I knew it. I later went on to use Firefox because I liked having tabbed browsing. After about 2002, I stopped using FF and went back to IE and, soon after, Maxthon as it had the benefits of FF. I occasionally used FF when I wanted a different set of cookies.

I used Maxthon for ages before I discovered Opera was no longer ugly and gained a reputation for itself. the keyword search feature was (and still is) absolutely fantastic and the speed is (as far as I know) still the best. It has many other built-in features that I like so I'm sticking to it. I've tried out Safari, FF3 and I won't touch Chrome.

So yeah, I've tried out all the major browsers - IE still being the one I've used most over the years but I'm now settled on Opera both at home and at work as my default browser.