Dcx Issues

Guest Travis

Guest Travis

Hello!

I guess DCX guys changed their foru, I tried re-registering but never receieved an activation email. Those guys don't seem to want to help much anyways. I'm finding some issues with DCX and hoping there are some DCX users here who can either confirm the issue or hopefully show me a solution. I'm using dcx v1.40.

#1 Tooltips?

xdid -c cmd 356 text 1 1 90 16 tooltips

I get this error on init.

D_CERROR (text) xdid -c cmd 356: Unable to Initilize Tooltips

#2 Text Controls ....

I set a nice coloured background for these but when I disable them I see the ugly white background which of course is not proportioned correctly. Any suggestions?

The text is not wrapping. Instead I'll see a bit of the last word or something in the text control. WTF? Do I need to use edit and readonly?

#3 Doubling sclick

When I click on things I see it doing everything twice so one click will turn on then turn off the switch. What I have done is set a variable after the first click, then at the beginning of the call back alias, unset the variable and return. It's really cheesy and ghey to do this. Am I dont something wrong or is this something they need to fix.

I'll post the other errors after I investigate them more.

Guest Travis

Oh ok, well that sucks. Yeah I'm on Vista.... Ahh well

Thanks you guys.

Other issues? I have a mdx dialog that uses dbu's. I made it in XP and it looks fine but in Vista ithe height is more than doubled with a ton of blank space at the bottom. Looks bad . :( Vista doesn't support all my old fonts. Like th SoulFly logo font. :(

Oh ok, well that sucks. Yeah I'm on Vista.... Ahh well

Thanks you guys.

Other issues? I have a mdx dialog that uses dbu's. I made it in XP and it looks fine but in Vista ithe height is more than doubled with a ton of blank space at the bottom. Looks bad . :( Vista doesn't support all my old fonts. Like th SoulFly logo font. :(

Is it docked? If so, try setting the height to zero. I have a similar issue with docked dialogs in Vista. If I use the Vista aero theme it all has a nice, even height. If I change the theme to MS original. I get the tool bar height about ten+ pixels higher than the buttons.

I Just put it down to Vista :notworking:

PS - What font is the Soulfly logo? You're a big fan of verdana, yes?

Edited by Silo

Guest Travis

No it isn't docked. But if you dock something to the right or left of mirc it will fill the height.

No I like Palatino Linotype a lot in mIRC. It is bold and has some style.

SoulFly logo font is called Interdimensional. :)

i've had issues with mdx when dealing with height issues on different windows themes. I mainly have a problem if i dock a dialog on the top. the height seems to vary on other themes. I never did find a good fix for it. You could fix the xp and vista and the win 7 theme could cause it to show different again. Sort of the reason why i'm leaning more towards menus in dialogs instead of other things such as tabs, etc. and messing more with mirc's default toolbar. I guess you could detect if they are using vista or xp and give a different size for each but like i said windows 7 will probably make it look different again. You are probably better off just trying to adjust for the best appearance in whatever the latest version of windows is at the time.

i have had no probs with mdx at all on vista

and nicklist.dll works for docking over the nicklist just fine

however dcx wouldnt dock over the nicklist in vista and didnt seam to want to dock to the sides correctly either

I docked the nicklist in Vista using xdock. Didn't I give you the script I did it with? I dunno though. I think I'm done with DCX.

Now two people get the error "Unable to open dll". Think it will get any better with Win7? I finally got my account activated on dcx forum. I'll let you know what they say.