All-n-one Script

err0r

main thing to do is just make sure you use /server -m so you aren't disconnected from the server you are already connected to.

Make or use very simple connections ( hopefully one file connections it's easier ). You are looking for something compact and self sufficient like nick's conn for buzzen or sparks conn for sparkpea. It's helpful if the connection doesn't have anything set up for a theme. Also the socket names will have to be different of course. look for the /server command and add the -m to it. I use a lot of if ($network == blah sort of stuff to make sure things that only work for certain servers will not muck up how the script interacts with other servers. Like i keep saying it isn't hard and i can totally understand why nobody is really releasing this sort of thing. It's hard enough keeping a script updated that works on one chat service. You would really compound your work trying to deal with multiple connections and different server updates all for public use.

This project is just something I did for me as i hated having to run several different scripts. I posted about it because I know others would like to do the same and I thought I would share a bit about how I did it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like many of you I have friends stretched out over many different servers. Until they all get with the program and come to vsixc i'll have to sit on several different networks. Before I made different scripts to work on different networks. But as I am really only a chatter and have no real need for fancy protections or other custom server related coding I decided to chat on the networks in one mirc. This is my attempt to do so and is still a work in progress.

post-20793-1214415410_thumb.png

Congratulations Error.. great work :rate:

• 3 weeks later...

Think I'll throw up another update.

post-20793-1216705281_thumb.jpg

Options added

Whispers/Profiles work on all networks

Access lister works all all IRCx networks

Room lister for all networks

TG Site info

SpellChecker

Weather Checker

Lag Checker

Quick mode change

Things to update

Add image for current weather condition

Add more available modes

more to follow

Guest Travis

A spell checker useless? It is actually the most requested script I get. I would think a spell checker would be very usefull in a chat room environment.