takaharu_

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest X-Fusion

Yeah, your right. I guess worrying about something I paid money for is trivial, especially since money grows on trees and everything.

Boy, I tell ya.

For the record, I wasn't being paranoid about it. I was informing the un-informed, which you appeared to be. It's better to know about these things now instead of a few weeks/months down the road when stuff starts stuffing up on you.

Guest X-Fusion

Luckily the theme isn't loaded by default. You can use the same one you had before. I have noticed an increase in speed and a quicker load time. My Gmail doesn't freeze as much anymore either.

I'll give you my opinions on browsers based on a webmaster that really likes to tinker with his design.

I have the most trouble with things not working or looking right in IE.

Second is Opera

I have the least amount of trouble with Firefox.

Even if your site is 100% compliant there are still times when the browsers all read a certainly property different than others. I've seen it many times when the code is valid but each browser applies parts of the css code differently. You tend to have to be more specific with IE and opera than with firefox.

I really like some of opera's features and would suggest it to anyone over IE. I prefer firefox mainly because it has addons and features that really help me in my surfing and design habits.

I work extra hard trying to make sure tg works and looks the same in all three of the main browsers. It is a pain many times and there have been a lot of instances where I had to ditch very kewl features because they simply would not work correctly in all browsers. ( mainly js stuff ). I wish they would all read css the same way. It would make my life easier.

Each browser has it's pros and cons but it's very easy to pick your favorite. Simply use them and decide for yourself.

Guest X-Fusion

The only thing that could possibly give Opera trouble would be Activex and Javascript. Opera appears to run a check through the sourced JS file to make sure nothing malicious gets passed through.

Again, the stuff up there wasnt a blatant bash on Firefox. The developers of Firefox have worked hard to get where they are. However, I use Opera simply because I feel the security is better then any other browser. Give me a choice between security and speed, and I'll take security everytime.

I have never had a security issue with firefox. I think the most important aspect of pc security is your surfing habits. If you are the type that clicks on any link you see just cause it's there then most likely no browser is going to save you from spam headaches. Most of the security problems on the net to day are more to do with surfer and pc ignorance than of what browser they use.

I do like many of the new features opera has. Once I see what the finally Firefox v3 has to offer I'll decide which one will be my default browser. IE isn't in the running lol.