Opera 9.5 Released

takaharu_

I have to agree with err0r... I used Opera for a good half of a year and I loved it -- it's a great and fantastic browser. However, I came back to Firefox because of the add-ons and extras I can put on it. I can't live without the Web Developer toolbar in Firefox.

After I switched back to Firefox, I did miss some features in Opera so I set out to find some add-ons that worked similarly to Opera... I immediately downloaded a sidebar add-on so I could have my bookmarks listed on the side of my webpages just like I had in Opera lol.

I think Firefox is more directed to those who like to develop websites, Opera is more directed towards those who want a really good surfing experience with good security, and IE is directed towards those who need to learn how to switch their browsers :P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a widget type of person... I do like the idea of Opera having Widgets though. I know you can put them on your desktop too, but I guess I prefer having stuff integrated right into the GUI of the browser. I still use Opera occasionally here and there, though :P

Guest Travis
Yeah sure. It's the sites you visit. Not the browser.

Sites like Rumbaars? I visited Rumbaars one day on my ie and someone had put a pretty bad virus on it. Hijacked the browser started unstalling stuff etc. I had to reformat my hard drive. I've used Opera ever since because Opera wouldn't let that happen. Since then I really enjoy the simple and efficient design and faster load times.

I dont like 30 toolbars and crap. I use a browser to look at webpages so I want as much real estate as possible.

Guest X-Fusion
Sites like Rumbaars? I visited Rumbaars one day on my ie and someone had put a pretty bad virus on it. Hijacked the browser started unstalling stuff etc.

Funny how that happens, huh? ;)