Using $tip

err0r

With the newer mIRC versions you are able to use $tip which will produce a little popup window sorta like live messenger you have a new email. The neat thing is that you can use it for almost anything.

I use it to notify me when a user mentions my nick in chat while i have it minimized. Most of us chat in several rooms at the same time and sometimes miss when someone says something to us in a different room or while we have it minimized. You could use it to notify you when someone does or says something in a non $active room or like me use $appactive to catch things when you have mIRC minimized. There are alot of things you can do with $tip. give it a try.

:lmaojump: err0r how do I get that $tip to work in the script ... iv just upgraded my script from 6.21 to 6.31 ... did a search on that $tip but couldnt understand it .. is it a code iv got to put in the script .. any help on this would be gladly excepted :D

Here is a notify snippet by FURBY

on *:TEXT:$(* $+ $me $+ *):#: {
  if (($version !< 6.31) && (!%tip. [ $+ [ $nick ] ])) {
    noop $tip('Tray Tip', $nick , $nick just said your name in $chan with the following message:, 10)
    noop $tip('Tray Tip', Message, $1-, 10)
    beep
    set -u20 %tip. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] true
  }
  else {
    beep
  }
}

Here is a notify snippet by FURBY

noop $tip('Tray Tip', $nick , $nick just said your name in $chan with the following message:, 10)
    beep
  }
  else {
    beep
  }
}

What would you do with it? I mean you add it to remote? You add it somewhere else? And what X said...about it being default in 6.3..how would you activate it?

Guest X-Fusion

That's what the $tip identifer does. I'll break that code down line by line

;Determines if your name ($me) is said within the text the person typed
;Determines whether your version is mIRC 6.31, if it is, it continues, otherwise, it halts. Following that, it checks to see if the person that triggered the event ($nick) is set as a variable.
;This preforms the 'tip' action (aka $tip) with the text. So, let's say your in #[XX][XX]Lobby and IRCx messaged you. It would do: IRCx just said your name in #[XX][XX]Lobby with the following message:
;The actual message echo
    beep
;A beep to alert you
;Set's the variable for the user that messaged you, so, if they say your name again within 20 seconds, you wont get an abundance of $tip messages flooding your screen.
  }
  else {
    beep
;If you don't have 6.31 or greater, it'll just beep you to alert you
  }
}

And yes, you paste it in the remotes. If you want a VSIXc version, let me know.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough X. I wasn't after a line by line explanation ( though I appreciate you doing it).

I just wanted to know where you put it...what you save it as etc

Yes plz..I'd like to use it for VSIXc (currently using FlashVSI if it's of any importance).

Thanks.