Mirc Room Listers On Buzzenv2

Guest Travis

Well I figured they would have fixed their code by now so I haven't said anything, but in light of some recent comments I wanted to shed light on this topic.

Someone came to me wondering why my "SoulFly" room wasn't showing on their mIRC room lister. I guess people assumed the creator of the connection they used omitted it on purpose. That is far from the truth.

If you use mIRC on BuzzenV2 and want to make sure your room lister shows ALL rooms, check the Computing section and see if the SoulFly room is in the list. Should be up at the top. If it is, congrats, your room lister shows all rooms. If it isn't then your room lister doesn't show rooms with long topics.

As every room creator on Buzzen knows, people like to add colors and font styles to their room topics. This requires font code. A person who chooses to have more than one color in their room topic may find their topic become quite long fairly quickly. When using mIRC to read the html page dynamically, these long topics may be too long for it to read, so you would get a "line too long" error and you wouldn't get the information for that room.

I know this because I saw this issue in my own code and fixed it.

Long story short, if your room lister doesn't show my room, it also won't show ANY room with a long topic. It isn't a clever coding ploy to stop people from joining my room it's simply an oversite or messy housekeeping.

Cheers! :fixed:

Edited by Travis

I noticed it myself just a little while ago while putting moschino through some tests. There is nothing special added to not list the room. Other than that small issue I've had no problems.. Oh one other very small thing. In the startup announcements, the word tiny is spelled tuny. I'll be running it for awhile. I'll let ppl know what I think after i've concluded my tests.