Nicklust.dll on Buzzen

mexican

Well i've done a nicklist using nicklust.dll, but it only works at irc and some servers like VSIXc.

That nicklist doesn't works on Buzz.. example:

On IRC & VSIXc

Owner

-----

nick1

nick2

Host

-----

nick3

Voice

-----

nik4

Participants

-----

nick5

On buzz

Default Group

-----

nick1

nick2

nick3

nick4

nick5

I want a nicklist using nicklust but i want it works on IRC & buzz

Edited by err0r

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion
The reason it wont work on Buzzen is probably the reason it didnt work to well on MSN. The difference in modes. I'm sure you can get it to work, just find someone that's done it on Buzzen before.

The reason it wont work on Buzzen is probably the reason it didnt work to well on MSN. The difference in modes. I'm sure you can get it to work, just find someone that's done it on Buzzen before.

But mi nicklist in Groups/MSn chat worked well. it's strange thing =P

yup err0r i saw it on one pic of your script here, but it isn't works with Mirc 6.2, 6.21 ?

The utf-8 support in the newer versions of mIRC still dont work in dialogs which is what nicklust and other icon nicklists are really ... a kind of dialog so the fact that utf-8 gets the nick perfect in the regular nicklist wont make a difference - so you'll need to use a decode alias or something most chats have their own ones .. usualy just msn decode re-araranged abit:P and there never quite good enough which is a pain, anyway ...

Perhaps that is something they can include in the next version utf-8 decoding in dialogs, that would be nice.

Guest X-Fusion
They dont use UTF-8 because alot of IRCd servers (Bahamut, UnReal even RCF) dont really use unicode names. So, the need for them in dialogs would be pointless, as even if you were doing a nicklist dialog, unicode nicknames dont appear much on IRCd and even some IRCx servers. When they become popular on IRCd or IRCx, I'm sure it'll get added.

They dont use UTF-8 because alot of IRCd servers (Bahamut, UnReal even RCF) dont really use unicode names. So, the need for them in dialogs would be pointless, as even if you were doing a nicklist dialog, unicode nicknames dont appear much on IRCd and even some IRCx servers. When they become popular on IRCd or IRCx, I'm sure it'll get added.

"It's not possible to support this without converting mIRC to a full unicode application. This may be done in a future version however I have no idea when exactly," according to Khaled.

Guest X-Fusion
Yea, but, as you saw, it would have to do with converting the whole mIRC application. It'd be a long wait for something like that when you can just do it yourself using a simple decode alias. :P