Buzzen Attacked

Guest ScoobyDoo

Guest ScoobyDoo

They only asking for to have a script and supported chat room to keep web site running, They have to have a way to keep it running or how do the do it? If they using Microsolft program, with out making money, with out help how can they keep it up?

Edited by ScoobyDoo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because they run the irc server side. the ocx is just a pretty interface to access their servers. The ocx and the server are two different things. You don't actually need the ocx to chat on their server. But without the ocx they are just another chat network. the ocx is what attracted 90% of their users. They have alot of work ahead of them if they truly do move away from the ocx in order to keep and attract users.

It's similar to TCN.. we were by no means experts on running a chat network. TBO we were probably in way over our heads when we tried. We didn't really expect it to be as popular as it was. We got users because of our reputation for trying our best to help people. We tried to offer several ways of connecting to the chat. We did try to give it a msn-like feel without being a clone. In the end it didn't work out but it wasn't because a lack of trying. We didn't have the best setup, but we worked extremely hard to make it as user friendly as possible. If nothing else that added to our rep as ppl just trying to help and Reputation becomes a big issue in any startup.

Guest ScoobyDoo

because they run the irc server side. the ocx is just a pretty interface to access their servers. The ocx and the server are two different things. You don't actually need the ocx to chat on their server. But without the ocx they are just another chat network. the ocx is what attracted 90% of their users. They have alot of work ahead of them if they truly do move away from the ocx in order to keep and attract users.

It's similar to TCN.. we were by no means experts on running a chat network. TBO we were probably in way over our heads when we tried. We didn't really expect it to be as popular as it was. We got users because of our reputation for trying our best to help people. We tried to offer several ways of connecting to the chat. We did try to give it a msn-like feel without being a clone. In the end it didn't work out but it wasn't because a lack of trying. We didn't have the best setup, but we worked extremely hard to make it as user friendly as possible. If nothing else that added to our rep as ppl just trying to help and Reputation becomes a big issue in any startup.

I didn't see your second Added Reply replacement,

TCN is good what I have seen, I just don't think many know about it, Not many members, If they knew, I think in time, it can be something, Time always tell, TCN can be what all looking for, Give it time, if you are running it, and have controll, wait, time will tell :)

not sure what you mean by that. the size of the ocx? you really only need the proper render page to access it.

I mean is it to big for any one to use it?

scooby anyone can do what buzzen is doing with the ocx.. it's not just them. there are several other "popular" sites that do it and many many more that aren't popular.. If you are really interested in the hows of doing it you will have to do some searching on other sites as we can't help with that.

there very well could be other tcn chats out now. the one we did has been closed for a long while now.. or so it seems. I have no interest in ever running a chat network again.. I do not have the time or the knowledge to really run the type of network i would want. I could gain the knowledge i guess but time wise there is no way. I applaude ppl that take on that challenge. It's just not for me. I'll stick to what I kinda know how to do.. web design junky

Guest ScoobyDoo

scooby anyone can do what buzzen is doing with the ocx.. it's not just them. there are several other "popular" sites that do it and many many more that aren't popular.. If you are really interested in the hows of doing it you will have to do some searching on other sites as we can't help with that.

I think there many, I am asking to understand is all, Not intrest in making one, I may like to help is all, But No comentment in making my own, I'm just searching for answers Smiles

there very well could be other tcn chats out now. the one we did has been closed for a long while now.. or so it seems. I have no interest in ever running a chat network again.. I do not have the time or the knowledge to really run the type of network i would want. I could gain the knowledge i guess but time wise there is no way. I applaude ppl that take on that challenge. It's just not for me. I'll stick to what I kinda know how to do.. web design junky

I aplaud You, What you do i have seen is worth being proud of your self, and you should be proud what you have done.