2006 IRCX/IRCXPRO Screen shots

Ozzy10

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol I guess your style of UI is not my taste because I wouldn't be able to use that for very long because I would get so annoyed by everything lol. no offense :\

I love what you've done Travis :)

btw it will be nice to have you back warrior--looking forward to it. :)

Guest Travis

JOsh typically when you slam something you should give examples.

"lol I guess your style of UI is not my taste" : What style of ui?

"because I wouldn't be able to use that for very long because I would get so annoyed by everything."

What would annoy you? You dont have to tell me here since this is a thread for screenshots, but I'd like to know. The two main questions I ask beta testers is, what don't you like about it. What would you do different. (and please try to break it!)

Guest X-Fusion

As you can see from previous screenshots, Josh's idea of UI is simple and sleek. Yours appears to be one of menus and dialogs. I think hes just trying to say that what you've done isnt his style, and he wouldnt go for it. I'm more like Josh and err0r, I'm simple and to the point and I personally dont like my stuff overloaded, but, that could be because some are old school and some are new school.

Shrugs

Guest Travis

I guess I don't understand you looking for faults. Whats a script without dialogs and popup menus? <wo0t> But thats cool, I don't expect to please everyone.

Anyways ...

I have been wanting this translator for a while so yesterday, as soon as I got it I set to work! The goal is to put all functions in one toolbar underneath the edit box, but I've never made a dockable toolbar before so it may take some time.

Pick ONE name from the nicklist and it will translate what they say. Set up your 2nd edit box to always show the command to translate and talk to people in the room in a different language! Or simply open the translator dialog to translate what you like! This uses babelfish so you will have to tailor what you give it to get the most out of it. In other words, learn to use the translator. It translates French the best.

IPB Image

Edited by Travis

i think what he means is all the icons and different colors.

Depending on my mood i like different types. pr0metheusX has alot of images and user colors etc.

The script i prefer to chat with has nothing on it and strips the colors. ( although i'm making sort of a hybrid that is a cross between the two, i'll post ss's later )

few things that turn me off on yours, Green ( but that's just me, i'm not big on green ) and i prefer smaller fonts. But over all i'd say the script seems pretty functional. You are never going to please everyone with the look of your script but looks aren't as important as what the script can do and how easy it is to do it. Two of the most popular msn scripts ever Hybrid Omega and Kenobi have themes i really didn't like but you see how popular they became. So trying to please everyone with looks is probably a waste of time. Just do what you like. I would bet you spent more time coding the functions of the script than the look anyways.

IPB Image

Each with there own views and opinions and Travis so long as your happy with your work thats all that really matters good luck with the rest of the update you do :stupid:

I wasn't "slamming" your script. Maybe I could have worded it differently. X-Fusion put it nicely.. You have an old school type of look. err0r also pointed out all the colors. I just don't like all those colors you've used everywhere.. It looks like the main theme is green, but there's blues, yellows, reds... I don't know.. The menu's look like there's just too much in them. The fonts are just not my style either. I prefer having either Arial, Tahoma, or Verdana used in my script for fonts, not Times New Roman or Georgia.

I'm not sure.. I just don't like the look of it, but yes it does look very functional.

My style of UI is very clean cut and simple. I don't like having huge amounts of dialogs and I don't like having huge amounts of menus.

Sorry if it seemed like I was "slamming" your script. I thought I was just giving my opinion.