Need Help With Code

Warrior124

I've been away from scripting for awhile, and am needing help with something. I am trying to code my dialog to color text in one line of my list window. The code I tried to use is...

did -i $dname 1 2 settxt $rgb(255,255,255)

...however, instead of coloring the text it adds a line with this code in it. I'm using mdx.dll for my dialog as well as views.mdx. I've got it marking the dialog on init as well as the SetControlMDX as well. Is there anything I can do to make it do what I want? Thanks, everyone.

on *:DIALOG:MT:*:*: {
  if ($devent == init) {
    dll $ff(mdx.dll) SetMircVersion $version
    dll $ff(mdx.dll) MarkDialog $dname
    dll $ff(mdx.dll) SetControlMDX $dname 1,5,8 ListView report grid showsel single rowselect flatsb labeltip stateclick > $ff(views.mdx)
    did -ra $dname 6 $chr(34)
    dll $ff(mdx.dll) SetControlMDX $dname 6 ProgressBar smooth > $ff(ctl_gen.mdx)
    dll $ff(mdx.dll) SetControlMDX $dname 7,8 scrollbar vertical > $ff(ctl_gen.mdx)
    .dll $ff(hos.dll) RemoveTheme $dname 6
    .did -a $dname 6 BarColor $rgb(113,145,187)
    .did -a $dname 6 BGColor $rgb(255,255,255)
    .did -i $dname 1 1 headerdims  100:500
    .did -i $dname 1 1 headertext Admins:
    .did -i $dname 5 1 headerdims  75:500 83:500 83:500 100:500
    .did -i $dname 5 1 headertext Date: $chr(9) Logged In: $chr(9) Logged Out: $chr(9) Total Daily:
    .did -ra mt 7,8 0 1 100 1 1 1
  }
}

Guest Travis

settxt <attrib> [RGB value]

Sets the text color. <attrib> can be:

color Sets the text foreground color

bgcolor Sets the text background color

Examples:

//did -i myDlg 20 1 settxt color $rgb(255,0,0)

//did -i myDlg 20 1 settxt bgcolor none

Guest Travis

Thanks, Travis. However, what I'm looking for is a way to set text color for one line, and not all lines. Such as setting a text color for line 5 in listbox 1, and maybe later on for line 6 in listbox 1.

Look closely and check the syntax.

Your line: did -i $dname 1 2 settxt $rgb(255,255,255)

Example in mdx help file: did -i myDlg 20 1 settxt color $rgb(255,0,0)

Yes, but as stated that code...

did -i myDlg 20 1 settxt color $rgb(255,0,0) 

colors the text in all lines. I don't want all lines of text colored. Just one particular line. For example...

Test1

Test2

Test3

Test4

Test5

Test6

Test7

...above is portraying a list of text. The text at line 3 is colored red while the text at line 4 is colored blue. The rest of the text is plain. That code above colors all lines of text. Not just one, or two. I need a code that doesn't color all lines. Just the lines I specify. I don't know if mdx can do this, but if not is there a dll out there that can in conjunction with mdx? If I have to use dcx that means an entire rewrite of my script which I would rather not do, because I have already spent alot of time on what I am doing, now. Thanks again, Travis. :)

Edited by Warrior124

It has been a very long time since I even used MDX but i think that is going to be a limitation of using that particular dll.

Now you are correct when you say you will have to do a lot of work to switch to DCX but I promise you that it's worth it. What you can do with dcx compared to mdx is like the difference in night and day.

Some other pros.

DCX is updated to work with mIRC 7*

DCX is still being actively worked on

DCX eliminates the need for a lot of other dlls like hos, ktools, etc

As I'm sure many of the users here that switched can tell you the extra work in the beginning is worth it in the end.