Netflix Canada

chain

• Site Moderator

Ok here this where I'am lost sometimes, I'am trying to understand why would someone pay $7.99 a month to watch old shows and old movies? I dont get this concept of people going crazy for Netflix oh wow look for $7.99 a month we can watch all the old movies and films we want When all I have to do is go to a torrent site and get the latest movies and boom ops and didnt pay for it. I have to get other opinions on this topic!

Well it's true that you can go to torrent sites and get basically anything you want. Though you risk heavy fines and even jail time when you do so. It's more likely now that you will face isp injunctions. Stores such as blockbuster are going into bankruptcy because people prefer to download movies online, use quick dvd vending machines, or other methods. The internet is the main entertainment medium now. Companies are doing their best to get in but are still trying to find their niche. Even HULU is toying with the idea of going to a paid service. HULU PLUS is already available. I can't really blame netflix for this as it's the way of the future. If companies can offer quality services and good prices they have a good chance of success, as the risk of downloading movies/shows illegally doesn't appeal to everyone. Most ppl that were renting dvd's from major chains were spending way more than that a month for less than what netflix is offering. So all in all I would have to say it's a good things for those willing to pay.