Quitting Irc?

Jagie

Have you ever thought of quitting IRC?

I recently had a really good chatroom slowly fade away. We had been friends for years (2-3), constantly talking etc, and slowly people started to leave, we had to move servers and now it just seems really dead with no-one left.

I tried to get back into Buzzen and stuff, yet there is no more enjoyment, it feels more of a task

I kinda do not want to let go of IRC, but I have no use for it anymore and no-one to actually talk to. :(

Has anyone else felt like this?

i felt the same way about chat after msn closed. I sorta wondered around other servers following friends and scripting from time to time but the joy of chat and scripting just wasn't there anymore. One day I popped into Chainconn room on buzzen and the people there reminded me of the fun I once had in chat. Which in turn renewed my vigor for scripting. Though to be honest scripting is just a means to an end for me. I enjoy finding creative ways to solve problems. When it's not scripting it's webdesign. To be honest my ability to problem solve has improved due in large to things like scripting. It's why I strive to do things that I do not see others doing. It's about the process for me.

There will never be another msn chat. I am still very fond of those days and many times wish msn was still around but I now just try to enjoy what is available. Within our community of chat networks nothing is on the scale of msn but i've found there is still some fun to be had if you find the right group of people to share it with.

All that, IRC is not as popular as, say, a few years ago. People find other means to communicate with other people via IM, twitter, facebook, online forums...etc. They literally replace IRC in some ways. If you feel IRC is not worth your personal time investment, it's time to move on to other things in life.

Edited by Fanfare

I feel the same, i used to enjoy chat and all that went with it but as time has gone on ive moved more and more away from it. I pop into the occasional room just for a look but on the whole i would say its not an interest i have anymore. If i think about all the hours ive spent in chatrooms it would scare me lol. Now i have more time to do other things i enjoy.

Glad to know that others feel the same. I mean buzzen is great because of the large amounts of people. But the scripting rooms are usually dead, no-one ever talks, and when you go into the #espressobar its just like 400 lines a minute, and seems like no-one even cares what you say or even notices it because theres so many random conversations going in.

So pretty much all it was, was idling in chat rooms.

Meh, I wish IRC was back to the old days, i miss it :(

i felt the same way about chat after msn closed. I sorta wondered around other servers following friends and scripting from time to time but the joy of chat and scripting just wasn't there anymore. One day I popped into Chainconn room on buzzen and the people there reminded me of the fun I once had in chat. Which in turn renewed my vigor for scripting. Though to be honest scripting is just a means to an end for me. I enjoy finding creative ways to solve problems. When it's not scripting it's webdesign. To be honest my ability to problem solve has improved due in large to things like scripting. It's why I strive to do things that I do not see others doing. It's about the process for me.

There will never be another msn chat. I am still very fond of those days and many times wish msn was still around but I now just try to enjoy what is available. Within our community of chat networks nothing is on the scale of msn but i've found there is still some fun to be had if you find the right group of people to share it with.

I know the feeling. I miss the days of msn chat, myself. From time to time I still script a little, but not nearly like I did back then.

Wow... People are still banging on about MSN chat? :P

:oops: it wasnt has bad as facebook and a few other sites iv visited over the yrs ... msn chat was the best and they bowed to pressure from authorities all over the world who had never enter a msn chat room in there life (sorry to sound like im moaning) :D ... well iv been in a few rooms on buzzen, spcn, x chat, and others and had some good fun and still enjoy myself chatting to people ... but im mostly in spcn now :D ... as for scripting rooms lol there all scripting and trying to add snippets in hawkee :D so they dont have time to chat to you :P

I wasnt actually referring to MSN Chat, I was on about another chatroom that has slowly broken up and died over the past years. We had known each other for years over the net, playing games doing all sorts.

But eventually it has closed.

Just kinda upset it has, and now I have no real use of IRC. I just idle in other chatrooms like Buzzen etc, dont talk or anything. Cause I dont find it interesting. :(

Ah well. I guess its time to move on :(