- Absolute -

[::X-System::]

You should take the money if your pal insists. lol But then you will have to ask your pal for the permission to release the script, since he or she'll have the ownership. And as stated, you've written this script voluntarily for your pal without monetary exchange involved, you do whatever you want with it. And don't be surprise people modify it, (in a bad sense, rip it) chances are they will. This is what happen with open sourced codes these days.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are paying for a person's time.. People pay others all the time to do things that they themselves either can't or don't want to take the time to learn how or do. You can't look at it as paying for a mirc script but rather paying for x's time.

Guest Travis

Someone paid him to make a script but if there was no contract or written agreement stating the script belonged to the person paying money for this guy to make it, then he can do whatever he likes with it.

Someone paid him to make a script but if there was no contract or written agreement stating the script belonged to the person paying money for this guy to make it, then he can do whatever he likes with it.

pretty much true, he got nothing on me "officialwise", but yeah I think he expects me not to release it since it was built on his request and also that it wouldn't be fair releasing something to ppl for free if someone had it paid for

*shrugs*

* update: the last tab is almost done, will be posting a ss of it and some ss of the script in action during some huge botnets flood soon

Edited by [::X-System::]