Say My Name Tip

err0r

this is a simple say my name tooltip snippet using mirc's built in $tip ability

Ok basically this checks to see if a user said your name in the room. Reason for putting it below the on text instead of in the on text area is in case you use a heavily unicode nickname and want to include a shortened version of your nickname instead. For example if your nick is «CB» and ppl normally just refer to you as cb you can use that as well by adding || (cb isin $1-) or you can replace the $me with cb. Because of the $appstate and the $chan != $active. It will only alert you if mirc is reduced to the tray or the text is in a chan that isn't the active one. Next is the flood protection. Has per user and per text protection to prevent flooding. You can change it as needed. the Regsubex simply strips out buzzen style tags. Thanks to nick for the regex.

on *:text:*:#: {
     if (($me isin $1-) && ($version !< 6.31) && (!%tip. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]) && (($appstate == tray) || ($chan != $active))) {
       inc -eu2 %alert.flood
       if (%alert.flood < 2) {
         $tip('Tray Tip', 4Name Alert14 $chr(40)  $network  $chr(41) , 1  $nick  : $regsubex($1-, /\[(?:style\x20.*?|/style)\]/gi,$null) - 12  $chan , 10)
         set -eu15 %tip. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] true
       }
     }
   }

Hopefully this is laid out so that it is easily understandable. This can be used over multiple networks. Improve on it if you wish and post it. No credit is required to me but if you use the regex please leave credit to nick.

Here is a pic of what this does

post-20793-1245801783_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

:oops: im sorry to ask and I feel a little embarrased as some of the fellas have been helping in the buzzen room %#IRCommunity and for some reason iv lost the plot :( but if I dont ask I will never learn ... does $tips only work with mirc .... let me try to explain and then you can put me right .... I chat in buzzen as J0hnson via webchat ... my mirc script is Johnson_mIRC which I have just in the buzzen room %#IRCommunity but iv put it into a room I created just to test it (god I hope you fellas are still reading this) so its in 2 rooms now if I type Johnson_mIRC will it $tip me in both rooms or just the room I created and what should I expect and will you tell me if the code below is right ..... as always fellas nais tuke for your help on this one :D

on *:text:*:#: {
  if ((Johnson_mIRC isin $1-) && ($version !< 6.31) && (!%tip. [  [ $nick ] ]) && (($appstate == tray) || ($chan != $active))) {
    inc -eu2 %alert.flood
    if (%alert.flood < 2) {
      $tip('Tray Tip', 4Notice Alert14 $chr(40)  $network  $chr(41) , 1  $nick  : $regsubex($1-, /\[(?:style\x20.*?|/style)\]/gi,$null) - 12  $chan , 10)
      set -eu15 %tip. [  [ $nick ] ] true
    }
  }
}

It will produce a tip if your nick is said in any room other than that $active room..

Example: Your script is in %#IRCommunity and %#_SoulFly_. Your current $active window is IRCommunity as you are chatting.. Someone says your nick in IRCommunity nothing will happen. As that screen is active there is no point in having it popup a tip when your nick is said as you are watching that channel at the time. Now if while IRCommunity is the $active window and someone says your nick in _SoulFly_ a tip will popup. If you minimize your script to the tray then anytime your nick is said in any room you are in it will alert you.

It will produce a tip if your nick is said in any room other than that $active room..

Example: Your script is in %#IRCommunity and %#_SoulFly_. Your current $active window is IRCommunity as you are chatting.. Someone says your nick in IRCommunity nothing will happen. As that screen is active there is no point in having it popup a tip when your nick is said as you are watching that channel at the time. Now if while IRCommunity is the $active window and someone says your nick in _SoulFly_ a tip will popup. If you minimize your script to the tray then anytime your nick is said in any room you are in it will alert you.

:lmaojump: nais tuke err0r I understand now .... is the code right ... yes or no :D

yes you can either use Johnson_mIRC isin $1- or $me isin $1-

Using the nickname instead of $me is normally for a nickname with unicode or people normally call you something else other than what $me would output.

yes you can either use Johnson_mIRC isin $1- or $me isin $1-

Using the nickname instead of $me is normally for a nickname with unicode or people normally call you something else other than what $me would output.

:lmaojump: nais tuke = thank you err0r :lolwave: I feel a lot better for that ..... now I can sleep tonight and work on it tomorrow :D