Power Supply Unit

JOhnson

:oops: built a computer and here is the basic specs ....

Intel ® Pentium ® Dual CPU

E2200 @ 2.20GHz

2GB DDR2 Ram

Motherboard is an ABIT every thing is onboard i.e graphics / sound ect :D

Question I had to change the PSU as the tower unit I purchased the PSU wasnt good enough ... now this is in my bedroom and I cant leave my machine on cause the PSU just humms all nite :lolwave: (no funny comments plz) any ideas on how to stop this humming (no Im not throwing a blanket over it) :lolwave:

I'm with Ozzy. turn it off or do what I do - put it to sleep. That way it takes a few seconds to resume what you were doing.

:oops: I was talking to one of my IT tutors and he sed dont ever use "sleep" and so im taking Ozzy's advice :lolwave: and "turn it off" :D

what reason did he give you for not using sleep?

:oops: his explanation which was brief and to the point as he ran pass me in the corridor was becareful when using standby / sleep as its not hibernate ? now im trying to pick the bones out of this answer and remember what tutors are like :lolwave: there alway busy when you want a proper explanation ... so next time I see him im going to give him tg007 link :lolwave: and tell him I can learn more from the members there than I can here (college):D

:oops: Forgot to mention I am using "Windows XP Pro"

Edited by JOhnson

:lmaojump: well if standby is "sleep" my machine slept like a baby this afternoon ... cause I tried it out and it worked ok ... just pressed the boot button as I call it :D and it came straight into windows XP Pro. So know at nite all I do is put the computer on standby and then I sleep like a baby myself :P