Buzzen / Code

JOhnson

:oops: as a few of you knows im a learner and I did a code the other day just a basic thing of my own ... nothing important just some fun stuff just to see if I could do it ... works in koach and works in spcn ... but for some reason it doesnt work in buzzen anyone have a clue why not ? ... iv even put this code in pastebin ?

on *:TEXT:*!beeps:#: {
  if ($nick == Johnson) {
    msg #AMI BIOS Beep Codes 
    msg # 1 Short Beep = System OK 
    msg # 2 Short Beeps = Parity error in the first 64 KB of memory 
    msg # 3 Short Beeps = Memory failure in the first 64 KB 
    msg # 4 Short Beeps = Memory failure in the first 64 KB Operational of memory
    msg # or Timer 1 on the motherboard is not functioning 
    msg # 5 Short Beeps = The CPU on the motherboard generated an error 
    msg # 6 Short Beeps = The keyboard controller may be bad. The BIOS cannot switch to protected mode 
    msg # 7 Short Beeps = The CPU generated an exception interrupt 
    msg # 8 Short Beeps = The system video adapter is either missing, or its memory is faulty 
    msg # 9 Short Beeps = The ROM checksum value does not match the value encoded in the BIOS 
    msg # 10 Short Beeps = The shutdown register for CMOS RAM failed 
    msg # 11 Short Beeps = The external cache is faulty 
    msg # 1 Long, 3 Short Beeps = Memory Problems 
    msg # 1 Long, 8 Short Beeps = Video Card Problems 
  }
}

use a wildcard * at the end of beeps too

on *:TEXT:*!beeps*:#: {

also put a space next to # and the AMI like so

msg # AMI BIOS Beep Codes

Lastly you may want to use a slowsend as that will prolly disconnect you from buzzen for excess flood for trying to send all that at one time.

use a wildcard * at the end of beeps too

on *:TEXT:*!beeps*:#: {

also put a space next to # and the AMI like so

msg # AMI BIOS Beep Codes

Lastly you may want to use a slowsend as that will prolly disconnect you from buzzen for excess flood for trying to send all that at one time.

nais tuke as alway to you err0r fella ... Dodge got it working but deleted what he had posted on here ... yes I did see the deliberate mistakes I put in the code :lolwave: slowsend im confused but willing to learn what have I got to do to stop that :D your a fella in a 1,000,000 and iv learnt a lot from you in the pass and im looking forward to the future if you can bear it :P again err0r Thank you I wont blind you with my romani language :D

Travis made an excellent slow send alias.. basically what it does is pause a little between the sends so that you don't flood out for sending lots of text too fast..

it's his q_ (queue) alias.. Not sure if he wants me posting it so i'll wait to either he says it's ok or not or he posts it himself.

Travis made an excellent slow send alias.. basically what it does is pause a little between the sends so that you don't flood out for sending lots of text too fast..

it's his q_ (queue) alias.. Not sure if he wants me posting it so i'll wait to either he says it's ok or not or he posts it himself.

np err0r I will wait and see if travis lets his code be used :D

:oops: another question about that code was I didnt put this into the code ®Johnson® I just used Johnson and my nick in buzzen is ®Johnson®

on *:TEXT:*!beeps:#: {
  if ($nick == Johnson) {

:oops: I changed my nick in buzzen to J0hnson because when I tried the code below it wouldnt work because I feel it couldnt read the unicode nick ... why you ask "because as soon as I put J0hnson into the code it worked" :D now :lolwave: when I came to test the beeps code in the buzzen room with J0hnson in it all I got was blah :P

on *:TEXT:*!system:#: {
  if ($nick == ®Johnson®) {
    msg # System Uptime: $uptime(system,1)
  }
}
on *:TEXT:*!mirc:#: {
  if ($nick == ®Johnson®) {
    msg # Script Uptime: $uptime(mirc,1)
  }
}

on *:TEXT:*!system:#: {
  if ($nick == J0hnson) {
    msg # System Uptime: $uptime(system,1)
  }
}
on *:TEXT:*!mirc:#: {
  if ($nick == J0hnson) {
    msg # Script Uptime: $uptime(mirc,1)
  }
}

well you will need to use the iso nick

®Johnson®

Translates into

®Johnson®

for use in the $nick ==

You will need to convert the unicode characters

Couple easy ways to do this

One you can go to our nickname maker/converter page at http://www.tg007.net?content=nicknames put in your nickname and click Convert to ISO button..

Or you can save the nick as a variable which will convert it to the correct code in your variables page. then you could do something like $nick == %nickvar

Or you can even set your account to a certain level using auser.. say you set your johnson nick to Master level.

Then you can use On:Master:TEXT:*!beeps*:#: {

As always with mIRC there are lots of ways to do the same thing.

Guest Travis

I don't use people's nicknames. I use their address. Match $address in an event.

I know this code is just for you, your nickname. But in general, on servers where you register an email address and can change your nick, it's best to match an id that won't change.

if ($address = <your address>)

I'd also look into using mIRC's user groups.

/help /auser

/help /ruser

/help $level

/help $ulist

As for the q_ alias. Yeah it's in SoulFly, you can use it. If you release it please give credit.

:lmaojump: Im reading all of this and some of it im taking in and some of it im struggling with but I will keep reading and testing this ... like I do in my own way and when I dont get it right I will be asking where im going wrong :D

I like the link err0r and X-Fusion and I like the Convert to ISO ... I also like the small tutorial err0r and im about to go and practise some of what you have told me :D

Travis this bit fella ...if ($address = <your address>) just to get it right take a look at this "fake" if ($address = <[email protected]>) am I right ... also if I use your q_alias from soulfly it will be used only for me and thank you for letting me :D

as always fellas thank you for all your replies and your help as I do "Appreciate" all the time and help you give me. nais tuke fellas :D