Dragonchat - Something New!

Tewl

Not a script; not even anything to do with mIRC. Sorry folks lol

Most of you who hang around me on Buzzen know I started writting a client / bot whatever you want to call it for Buzzen. It has been an on and off project for me for about 2 years now and I am finally making good progress on it. A main issue with writting this client is I am writting it in C# and I do not know a single person I can get C# specific help from. But with help from forums and the infinate patience of Chuck and Hawk I've managed to get to where I am now. Which is an alpha release, so to say. It is far from finished there are still a fwe kinks to work out and a lot of things I want to add. Right now I am just wanting to let people have an idea of what it is going to be like and get your input on it.

Get it here

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....power :ban: Is that you Jay.. :ban::ban:

I can just barely remember the last time I read a post from you on here. :) Nice to see you around again - even without the thrill of debate.

Did I mention :ban:

:) where is ozz when he could be useful.

Edited by Deanne

lol I bet you cant Power ...

Hey Tewl ... Bring It!!!

edit: ok I actually read your post now.

Saving account info is mandatory! Even if it is only one account ...

Channel list is mandatory!!!!

And uhh. modes are hella easy. whats the problem?

Also, normal chatters are going to use webchat. Aim this at room owners. So that means some flood protections, sorry ....

I can't want to help you test it!!!!

Edited by Travis

since working at Deloitte for the last 4 and half weeks (got 3 and half left with them), i have touched a bit upon C# and .NET 2 and .NET 3.5. I might be able to lend a hand here and there, but i believe i would be as affective as you were when you first started, close to no more then that.

The tasks i was asked to do was debug a feature, which i worked out reasonably easily, and the other was create one, which sort of existed in another form, so i just copied/pasted and modified as needed.

i think it's really good and really fast. There are a lot of times i like to have a view of how things work in webchat but don't really like going in through webchat.. This is a great alternative. I'd much rather use this than webchat. One thing I would like to see for the future is the ability to minimize to the tool to the notification area of the task bar.

Again great work and I'm looking forward to the updates.