Connection Timer On Linux

Kronicdreamer

Well ill explain real quick my problem...

I run mirc in WineHQ on Ubuntu Linux and if/when i disconnect from the net, my mirc will not reconnect like on windows....

I have tried to do a timer on a basis of 2-3 hours to do a ping to myself and other, but that will not work. Only thing i found is just type a period in a chatroom and itll reconnect, but thats not a real cool idea for a timer, just woundering if anyone else have tried this or have any ideas on a fix for it... ty in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

if you haven't found a fix i'll boot into ubuntu and see what i can get.. the on disconnect command may not be the best to check cause there are times when mirc doesn't seem to know you are disconnected until you try to send something like a . or other command. I have a couple ideas I can try but it will probably be sunday before i can test them.

well come to find out Ubuntu has 'so called' features to stop hacking, blah blah and some programs including wine dont run at full potential... SO i am gonna swap to Gentoo or Fedora10 tonight or tomorrow and see if that fixes a few things... + Ubuntu will not install and build the newest ruby... i hate SELinux