Conecting To Buzzen

ameer

Okay, in a way, that's good and useful information, as we can safely rule out any connectivity issues (such as routers, firewalls and whatnot) now. It does however present a problem in that we must jump to the conclusion that it is software-related, and that I have absolutely no clue what software (or the lack of) might be causing it...

I'll take a look at buzzen's webchat myself and see if I can locate any possible problems...

I honestly can't figure out what it is. I tried various combination of disabling java/javascript in three browsers (opera, firefox, IE7), but in all cases I didn't get any error messages at all - just a blank room.

It should be noted, by the way, that Java doesn't seem to be a requirement for the Buzzen webchat (only javascript and flash).

I then uninstalled flashplayer, and naturally the chat did not work without it - but no error messages either (apart from those of firefox about missing plug-ins). I let firefox install the flash player plug-in and upon refreshing, the chat again worked fine.

I then proceeded checking their forums, and I noticed a couple of other threads about connection problems - problems that might be related to the latest version of flashplayer, but then you wonder why re-installing flash didn't break it for me.

Again - I'm stumped, I don't know what could cause your problems. You'd think that if the flash player plug-in was somehow corrupted, re-installing it would do the trick (which you said didn't).

I think your best bet is still their helpdesk since they are likely to be more familiar with their product than I am, and they may have had to deal with similar cases before.

• Site Moderator
I dont know but maybe it just might be ..i had a spyware software once that actualy blocked the pages from opening and didnt state it. maybe just by chance..meaning by fluke if you have a spyware running try to disable it and then try it and if thats the issue you will have to config the spyware to that url. Not saying thats the issue but hey try maybe ...!

Chances are, it was blocking the Activex and/or JavaScript.

If by 'it' you mean the browser, I don't think that would be the case. I tested the chat with different browsers with javascript turned off, and in that situation you wouldn't get an error message at all, it'd just stay blank.

It just occurred to me that a similar situation arises when you try to make a java applet make a connection - it will return an error because unless the applet was signed and the certificate accepted, the JVM doesn't allow applets to make connections.

Possibly this is a similar situation? But even so, I didn't get to accept any certificate and it worked for me...

Much food for thought, it seems :)

try a different browser.cuz i have no problem with firefox or ie7.maybe try crazy or flock as your browser for buzzen.the only time i had that problem was when the new flash came out.i will lok and see if i still have their solution that worked for me,but i doubt i do.if i do i will link it or send it to techgear for future use.

hello and thank you all

my problem is when connecting to room

connecting to ip......6667

could'nt connect

retry connecting in few seconds

then i do refresh........... after 10 to 50 refresh i connect to room

i had tried other browser like firefox and opera and still had same problem i re downloaded the flash and java from evrey broswer but still have it

so where is the problem ..