My Buzzen Room Lister :)

[::X-System::]

Heh, been AGES since i last coded/posted something that's iRCX-related, this is the first thing i have coded may be since MSN closed.

It was not intended to be for public used, i only made it 'coz i was bored

lister.png

ty & ty too :)

I've been asked by a few to release it, but i'm still thinkin' it over actually.

Not 'coz i want to keep it for myself, but coz of the loads of code i'll have to clean up, all the regex's and sockreads i'll have to parse nicely, and the no.1 pain in the a$$, all the mdx/icons/paths i'll have to change or rewrite.

If i ever managed to drop my habbit of being lazy for 30 minutes to get done with all i stated above, i'll relese the addon on TG and state that clearly on TG's Buzzen thread.

• 8 months later...

moschinos Room lister does work but i have found you have to change it from general and instead of right clicking it left click it guess most too picky therse days as for your s X fusion its a great room lister (Y)

to bad you dont code more(*)cannot say i blame you tho,,, anyhow hope that helps some moschino users...

Looks good, personally I'd ditch those buttons up the top and replace them with a right click menu. The drop down combo box can load the different categories on sclick without the need of the button.

Also, the top edit box that shows the selected room name. I'd use a text box, since there is no data to be edited, and I'd use $remove() $replace() to get rid of the /b bits. And lastly, I would remove the box that surrounds the list box. Boxes are for grouping items, and since the only item is the list there isn't really a need for it.

Other than that, I think it looks great 8/10 :)

Edited by Silo

Looks good, personally I'd ditch those buttons up the top and replace them with a right click menu. The drop down combo box can load the different categories on sclick without the need of the button.

Also, the top edit box that shows the selected room name. I'd use a text box, since there is no data to be edited, and I'd use $remove() $replace() to get rid of the /b bits. And lastly, I would remove the box that surrounds the list box. Boxes are for grouping items, and since the only item is the list there isn't really a need for it.

Other than that, I think it looks great 8/10 :)

The top box's label says Full Room Name and that's exactly what it displays. Stripping off all the \b and \c escaping would kill the purpose ;) (note that you see the room names decoded/unescaped in the main list)

About the right click popup, i thought of that myself, but i didn't really want to bring more DLLs to the table, you never know what mIRC version the user is gonna use the addon with (if released)

ty for the comments :)

• 9 months later...

The top box's label says Full Room Name and that's exactly what it displays. Stripping off all the \b and \c escaping would kill the purpose ;) (note that you see the room names decoded/unescaped in the main list)

About the right click popup, i thought of that myself, but i didn't really want to bring more DLLs to the table, you never know what mIRC version the user is gonna use the addon with (if released)

ty for the comments :)

can we use any of this stuff in buzzen chat