Getting Info From A Text

Daniel_gr

You were kicked from #by nick (Dead people can't speak. Bye Bye. (Banned for 15 sec to catch your breath))
You were kicked by nick (Dead people can't speak. Bye Bye. (Banned for 15 sec to catch your breath))
You were kicked from #by nick (*KABOOOOOOOOOM!* - The Bomb went Off  - Tops: nicka nickb- 4 -- Flops: nick c - 31 -- You: 1 (Yep strange hae.. You got banned for 9 seconds))

i was wondering if there is a way to store the amount of time of the ban in a variable or timer. so you can have the script autorejoin the room when the ban expires

these bans happen mostly when im away, but id like to be in the room fulltime

also the bantime isnt set on the server but a bot bans and unbans you

also(in case the bot lags you could get this message in status

# unable to join channel (address is banned)

in wich case you most likely have to start another timer i asume

if anyone can help me with getting the time so i can use it in a timer. please help me

thanks

daniel

The issue with your idea is that everyones ban message is different.

Instead, why don't you attempt to rejoin the room every so often.

not really what i have in mind. seeing one ban is standard 15 secs, and the other varies from 9 secs to 3 mins

that and i forgot how to check if the ban is me

based on "MSN Servers", the text "Access Ban set for ... minutes" was actually manually added to the kick message. This means that it could be easily changed, and especially with bots/scripts, they didn't need to tell you that you were banned for a specific time, they just did so. If you are using IRCx related chat servers, when they use /access, they can set the ban time, you will most likely not see the ban being set, even if you are owner of the room. Pretty much you would need to use these lines of code...

on *:KICK:#: { if ($knick == $me) { .timerkicked $+ $chan 0 15 join $chan } }
on me:*:JOIN:#: .timerkicked $+ $chan off

Edited by The Gate Keeper

based on "MSN Servers", the text "Access Ban set for ... minutes" was actually manually added to the kick message. This means that it could be easily changed, and especially with bots/scripts, they didn't need to tell you that you were banned for a specific time, they just did so. If you are using IRCx related chat servers, when they use /access, they can set the ban time, you will most likely not see the ban being set, even if you are owner of the room. Pretty much you would need to use these lines of code...

on *:KICK:#: { if ($knick == $me) { .timerkicked $+ $chan 0 15 join $($chan,0) } }
on me:*:JOIN:#: .timerkicked $+ $chan off

the server is actually an unreal ircd server.

tried your code non the less. but it doesnt seem to store the channel name

the error i get is:

* /join: insufficient parameters

If the channel name starts with % mIRC will think it is a variable and not seeing it in the variable list it will consider it an error. Two options, set the channel as a variable. (this is what I do)

/set $chan $chan

This way when mIRC looks for the channel name in the variable list it returns the channel name.

Other option is the old way. Remove the % when sending information, add the % when you need it.