My Connection

Tewl

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Update

1. Removed /recon function. The entire connection will be re-established on disconnect.

2. Renamed /conn function to /connect - I'm not sure why.

3. Posted some sample events on how to make whispers work and display correctly.

Important: As I mentioned before, I have started working on making an IRC client for buzzen. Once I reach a stable point I will be discontinuing any work on the IRC connection. With that in mind I advise you, if you have any questions or need help with mIRC ask while I am still willing to answer.

Edited by Tewl

* Update

1. Changes made to remove style tags from all events not just privmsgs. This also fixed issue where ctcp replies were not halted if user send the request with style tags.

2. Added timer to check for timeouts.

3. The /login function has been corrected to work with previous changes.

Guest X-Fusion

I've pinned this as its an ever changing topic and provides alot of examples for those that may be working on or establishing a connection for Buzzen. Good work Tewl.

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE USE THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF MIRC WHEN RUNNING MY CONNECTION!

I cannot stress this enough. I have had several people complain to me that they could not get the connection to work.

Only to realize later that they were using mIRC 6.2x and there were some issues with sockets.

The current version is 6.31 as of today. It is fully Vista compatible and a sharp new look!

* Update

1. Edited privmsg & notice input/output for handling standard CTCP requests and replies. The script does not send replies.

2. Supports display of webchat time replies. They are in a non standard IRC format, this is why the above does not apply to them.

Edited by Tewl

* Update

Only one update this time.

I added coloring of nicknames in the nicklist to show who is away and who is not.

How it works...

When the names are collected and parsed in the 353 event, I check the away status in the profile data and if the user is away I add their name to a hash table which on the 366 event is cycled through and colors all the names in it. This method could also be managed by color nicknames based on the data recieved in the 352 which is recieved when you send the /who <channel> command. After that, any time a 821 or 822 is recieved the color is altered depending on status. In this connection the color #0 represents the default color for nicknames and the color #15 represents the user is away. You may wish to change this depending on your color scheme.