Auto-banned

Guest Johnson

ok I was given this code to stop peeps darting in and out of my chat room wiv out saying a word and it works fine .. my question is, that it puts them in deny in the access dialog and I have to clear denies as it seems to be an Indefinite ban ... can anyone help me and change the time limit on the ban .. also as many of you know Im not a scripter but trying to learn .. and I havent got a clue wot the ban limit is ... one more question lolol :D if someone is banned with a limit e.g. say 15mins and that time is up will it still show in the access dialog and will I have to clear it.. sz if I dont ask these questions how am I going to learn :P

on *:JOIN:#: {
  if ($nick($chan,$me,ohaq)) {
    .auser joinchan $nick
    set %j. $+ $chan $chan
    .timer 1 3 .ruser $nick
    set %join. $+ $nick $calc(%join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ])
    .timer 1 60 unset %join. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
  }
}
on joinchan:PART:#: {
    if (%j. [ $+ [ $chan ] ]) {
      mode $chan +bb $address($nick,2) $nick
      .ruser $nick
      unset %chantime
      msg $chan auto-bannned $nick for Join/Part in under three seconds

you could maybe use the /ban command instead with a -uSECONDS switch so it works abit like a auto-expiring var, like um :

/ban -u300 # $address($nick,2)

that should make the script automaticaly delete the ban in 5 mins.

And good luck with a room were you ban ppl for poping in and then back out too fast .. ppl are nosey many will pop in an out a few times before you even get them to talk:) but as they say different horses for different courses ...

Edited by Chief

And good luck with a room were you ban ppl for poping in and then back out too fast .. ppl are nosey many will pop in an out a few times before you even get them to talk:) but as they say different horses for different courses

I dont want to ban them for EVER lol just to let them know its not polite to dart in and out of rooms wiv out saying something to the best host in chat lol :D

I know what your saying but lol im old school and in my eyes and a few other chat rooms have sed the same it takes nothing to say a Hi and a Goodbye :D

The other thing I would like to say Chief is thankyou for your reply and your help .. now plz mate where do I put that code you gave me :P

Edited by Lynx

mode $chan +bb $address($nick,2) $nick

This code will ban user from channel...and user cannot join the room unless u clear access. 2nd ban wont show in access dialog although u have cleared it. im using same code in revenge protection ..n i have to clear access to remove ban for kicked person.

but if u want set any time limit here goes your required ban...

/access $chan add deny $nick 15 | /access $chan add deny $address($nick,1) 15 | /kick # $nick | /msg $chan auto-bannned $nick for Join/Part in under three seconds

This will ban user for 15 minuts ...u can just increas ban time limit,

As u say...

where do I put that code you gave me

If you still dont understand how to use and where to post these code ,Just replace these code with the codes you already have ...

.auser joinchan $nick
    set %j. $+ $chan $chan
    .timer 1 3 .ruser $nick
  }
}
      access $chan add deny $nick 15 | /access $chan add deny $address($nick,1) 15 | /kick # $nick 
      .ruser $nick
      unset %chantime

My pleasure....

although it works ...but by mistake i added an extra line in it which has no function ....i thought u need code for banning such user who do not talk in room lolz...

Lemme remove kick code you only need to add deny access for user who left room without typing any word.....

.auser joinchan $nick
    set %j. $+ $chan $chan
    .timer 1 3 .ruser $nick
  }
}
      access $chan add deny $nick 15 | /access $chan add deny $address($nick,1) 15 
      .ruser $nick
      unset %chantime

Hmm .. you were using mode bans not /access if i knew your chat had both i would have just suggested /access :P mode +b is usualy ircd and they dont have /access unless specificaly modded in. .. well now you have two ways! :)

Edited by Chief