Easier Way To Grab Gates.

Psych

Ok, thanks guys, I was already doing a whois on each user, I was just hoping there was a faster way to grab all the gates. Your right about the flooding thing, buzzen doesnt like you sending too much, too fast. I just spread them out with a timer.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okay, I got the gates, now I have another issue, the new server doesnt give profile information with the names, not like the old system did (PX, FX, MY, etc, etc). Does anyone have any idea how to get this information? I am guessing you need to ask for it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

At this time it is BuzzenV2 and you are allowed to /who $chan.

(though you cannot /whois $nick)

So, On Join, you should who the $chan to get all the info you want.

As for profile info, I'm guessing that was a feature with the msn ocx and since that is no longer used we will have to forget about that way unless they decide to code in the feature. Only other way I would know is to check profiles individually. I don't like that option. Ask this on Buzzen Forums in the FlashBuzzen section. :)

Edited by Travis

Lemme say sorry ....:P coz im too late for this reply.....

I do not use buzzen since they have changed to flash...

as i come to know by ur replies that buzzen do not allow /who

im posting another codes to record user gates which u can use for multi purpose....

like if someone left quickly after spaming or obusing ...or in case of any violation i can put his/her gate easy in banllist........ to get anyone's gate you can use "@find" command.if you dont have codes to read usergate from joint.txt lemme know....

on *:start:{
  window -efk0 @Joins -1 -1 930 180
  echo @Joins -°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°
  echo @Joins -°-°-°-°-°-°User Gates / Nicks Record-°-°-°-°
  echo @Joins -°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°By Remix-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°
}
on *:JOIN:*: { 
  if ($nick == $me) { .halt }
  write text\join.txt Joined: $nick
  write text\join.txt Gate: *!* $+ $address
  write text\join.txt Room: #
  write text\join.txt Date and time: ( $+ $date(ddd mmm yyyy) $+ ) ( $+ $time(h:nn:ss tt) $+ )
  write text\join.txt -°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°
  window -efk0 @Joins -1 -1 930 180 Onjoin Recordes By Remix
  echo @Joins Joined: $nick
  echo @Joins Gate: *!* $+ $address
  echo @Joins Room: #
  echo @Joins Date and time: ( $+ $date(ddd mmm yyyy) $+ ) ( $+ $time(h:nn:ss tt) $+ )
  echo @Joins -°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°
}

once you have joined a room, getting a user's gate is very easy. It simply requiring doing something like $ial($nick).addr or $address($nick,1). But i think what is being asked is when you join a room, and need to get the "gate" of everyone already in the room. Which is what has been addressed already by a few people.

If the issue has been resolved, please report back saying so, and which method you preferred, for people who may encounter the same issue at a later stage. Thank you.

Okay, I got the gates, now I have another issue, the new server doesnt give profile information with the names, not like the old system did (PX, FX, MY, etc, etc). Does anyone have any idea how to get this information? I am guessing you need to ask for it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

before joining send /raw CLIENTMODE cd1 that will turn off the standard irc backward compatibility mode for the client connection, which will send you the info you need.

Flags:

1. Away/unaway U/A

2. Male/Female/Unsepciefied M/F/U

3. Photo/Non P/N

4. +voice/-voice V/N

5. User/Guide/Sysop/Admin U/G/S/A (not implemented yet)

Well I did it. It wrecked small havoc on my connection. :P But I worked out bugs with it. Even stripped the profile code from the names list to load the mirc nicklist correctly.

So yeah! I did that code, then joined the room and on RAW 353 I got everyones profile code.

But now what?

People join, I dont see their profile code. I do /names $chan and I dont see the profile code again. I join another room and don't see the profile code on raw 353.

Is this just not finished or am I looking at it wrong?