%# Question

iLia

lol, yea, he's been around for donks :P

But hixxy is right. I think it's just more for personal preference, but either way, all the codes provided will work.

Like they say, old habits die hard.

Guest Travis

I am speaking from experience with MSN and an empty mIRC. I had weird errors of no channel and such. When I traced it back it turned out that mIRC was dropping the channel name. When I removed the % it worked fine. Then I looked in Nuclear and Vincula and saw that they did this as well. They removed the % and then put it back on when sending to the server. This was just my experience working with mIRC and MSN where the room names were %#roomname. So I figured it was a universal issue considering I had no scripts loaded in my mIRC.

I am speaking from experience with MSN and an empty mIRC. I had weird errors of no channel and such. When I traced it back it turned out that mIRC was dropping the channel name. When I removed the % it worked fine. Then I looked in Nuclear and Vincula and saw that they did this as well. They removed the % and then put it back on when sending to the server. This was just my experience working with mIRC and MSN where the room names were %#roomname. So I figured it was a universal issue considering I had no scripts loaded in my mIRC.

You're being pretty vague about what "exactly" caused these errors. I have given you code that shows you do not need to use $chr(), and also shown you that you can pass %#blah as a parameter without having mIRC evaluate it. I'm not sure exactly what you did to get the error, but it was down to a scripting error.

first of. thank you all for your help.

that said. in the text bar all works.

however, :oops: in my hurry to get to work on time. i forgot to mention i meant for in remotes.

/msg or //msg wont work there.(or at least not with the connection im using).

i tried the $chr solution and that worked fine in remotes. so i assume the % $+ # might work as well

havent gotten around to testing it yet.

and prolly wont either. seeing the post you made all seem to suggest that i either remove the % while working with the roomname. or use the $chr() solution .

and yes, as you guessed its for a site using the ocx. a modded paperirc.

i dont have any docs on that server and since i dont know what is modded. expect more stupid questions of me :P

Guest Travis

It was over a year ago that I had to deal with %# room names. It was a join event and the alias using the room name in it. But with the % in the room name, when it got to the alias the room name was gone. When I removed the % it worked fine.