Have you had your chat id stolen?

grinning_male

I said it once, and I will say it again. Remember those IRC/MSN control freaks that ran that room you visited. Well now they have more control as admins/sysops/guides. You think they do it because the want to give you a nice chat experience. Puhlease, they do it for the control factor, just like some forum mods tend to do....but not here...i think.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deanne this sure is a free publicity stunt <wo0t>

Yes Travis stolen as in staff members making use of your passport without your knowledge this clearly shows how safe your passwords really are :stupid:

Guest X-Fusion

That doesnt mean they 'stole' your chat id. Anyone can type /nick and use it on a clone network. Theres no process that kicks them off the server if they use it. <wo0t>

That doesnt mean they 'stole' your chat id. Anyone can type /nick and use it on a clone network. Theres no process that kicks them off the server if they use it. <wo0t>

lol is it really that easy to clone on a clone?? Can't be!

:) I guess it's just another reason why I love Vsixc! If anyone types /nick and tries to clone a registered nick at Vsixc, the server auto-disconnects them as soon as they fail to provide the account password--they aren't even able to speak or be hosted etc.

And another nice perk is the Vsixc admin can't even see account passwords at Vsixc, because they are encoded--so you NEVER have to worry about staff stealing your accounts.

Anyways--sounds like a sad situation grinning_male, and just one more reason to avoide the clones. I know alot of people use the same password at all sites, so hopefully no one is using their MSN or other important passwords at the clones. In my opinion buzzen isn't much better when they get into personal profiles and edit them however they please, just cause they want to--They're still accessing personal accounts, and that bugs me!

Edited by Deanne

Well I wouldnt pin it all on a clone. Surely a clone run by professional and/or mature people would be safer. It isn't the ocx but the people running the site that is in question here just as Shaggy pointed out.

Guest X-Fusion

Well I wouldnt pin it all on a clone. Surely a clone run by professional and/or mature people would be safer. It isn't the ocx but the people running the site that is in question here just as Shaggy pointed out.

Well, if they're not mature enough to create their own ocx, then is a clone really safe at all? :blink: