Aop Help

Molson™

Yes I plan on using windows for my access lists. I make a banlist hash table seperate for speed. hmake banned 10. It's usually empty. Same with allowed. it gets set at 10. As far as hash tables being laggy X, I just loaded the room list from Quakenet to a hash table. 124,000 rooms. It didnt take any longer to load than it did to load to the "channels list" window. And as for accessing the data in it, there was no difference. Now, loading all these rooms into a dialog is a different story. But I think you would get this issue no matter what.

In my opinion, the fastest is using a window. Next is hash. Using a window is noticeably faster so I believe the claim of twice as fast as hash. After that is ini, which includes mirc variables. Text is not something I use if I want to consider speed or stability. I use text for things like random game and fun responses, or saving a hash table.

Try to who a channel with more than 25 people in it and have the raw 352 write to a text file. I experienced most lines getting dropped. This told me that text files aren't very reliable.

I agree with TGK about not using too many hash tables, but I do not think the answer is to use ini files instead. Simply structure your script to be more efficient.

Sorry to get off topic Molson. :stupid:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic