Aop Help

Molson™

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hash is fastest besides using windows. A user list hash table shouldnt have more than 30 entries. Thats not much of a hash table. It takes a lot less code using hash tables.

You guys do as you wish, but I say hash is undoubtedly better than ini.

Yes I remember from GD5. But what is a lot of hashing? My script typically has 7 tables. Plus a table for each room's access list if you are an op. All a grand total of 7 kb's of info. 2 of those tables would be virtually empty. 2 of those tables would be rather full. (NickLog) I have not noticed any issues with a 1.3 Ghz Athlon and 512 Mb of RAM.

Does this sound bad? My next version I will change at least 3 hash tables to windows. :D

arr, you know... whether the hash table is full or empty, they still use "ALL" of the reserved space. With hash tables, you reserve space for that particular table, so whether that table is empty or full, you still have that space reserved, and therefore, that space is in use by the ram and/or cpu. So really, having a lot of tables that aren't required, well not really advised.

Plus a table for each room's access list if you are an op.

I remember hearing from someone (can't remember who), but i would think that it would be better to have a window to do this. I hear windows use less ram/cpu, but it is just as quick to access as a hash table.

Edited by The Gate Keeper

Guest X-Fusion

Windows CAN be quicker, depending on how you use them. If your loading a list from a text file, it can take a long time if its a large text file (for things such as nick loggers.) The only thing I really use windows for is autojoins and mp3 players. Everything else is hash ini and texts.

yea, but really, how many entries will you have in an access list? 200? And it isn't like you'll be constantly accessing it, and even if you were, it would be alright, cause you wouldn't be making reference to a text file at all or not.

I remember hearing from someone (can't remember who), but i would think that it would be better to have a window to do this. I hear windows use less ram/cpu, but it is just as quick to access as a hash table.

I hope we discussed about that gate :) .