MSN Clones, Why They Should Be Shot!

scribby

Hi Scribby, we did discuss this issue for well over 200 posts on the Buzzen Chat discussion. Most here know that I don't support msn clone sites, but more than that, I also speak out against them because alot of people have been tricked and misled by the clones, into thinking the clones are perfectly legal. Besides it being illegal, I also find it tacky that the clones are stuck with msn ban messages, and that typing /credits in any clone chat page will open up the msn chat team page. In addition, I find the clones to be full of bugs, and annoying to use, not to mention their significant down time.

x :) not everyone finds out about Buzzen being illegal, or wants to discuss it at the same time. I know alot of us have discussed it all already, and I have personally posted enough on the issue to tire anyone from reading about it :)

But there are alot of people still out there, who are only now becoming outraged because they were either openly lied to, misled, tricked, or simply assumed something to be legal, when it was illegal. These people will naturally gravitate to a forum like this, where they can express their thoughts about the issue, and hear back from others what we think.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scribby, we did discuss this issue for well over 200 posts on the Buzzen Chat discussion. Most here know that I don't support msn clone sites, but more than that, I also speak out against them because alot of people have been tricked and misled by the clones, into thinking the clones are perfectly legal. Besides it being illegal, I also find it tacky that the clones are stuck with msn ban messages, and that typing /credits in any clone chat page will open up the msn chat team page. In addition, I find the clones to be full of bugs, and annoying to use, not to mention their significant down time.

x :) not everyone finds out about Buzzen being illegal, or wants to discuss it at the same time. I know alot of us have discussed it all already, and I have personally posted enough on the issue to tire anyone from reading about it :)

But there are alot of people still out there, who are only now becoming outraged because they were either openly lied to, misled, tricked, or simply assumed something to be legal, when it was illegal. These people will naturally gravitate to a forum like this, where they can express their thoughts about the issue, and hear back from others what we think.

Finally someone who agree's its illegal haha...

I'm mainly trying to push the fact that what they are doing is illegal!

Its like me providing pirated software? hey its good for the people receiving their getting something that would normally cost money and they are happy and would defend pirated software because of this, while the company lets say Microsoft or MSN loses tonnes of profit because of this... but eh the people receiving don't even know its illegal... so really the whole thing is screwed up... Eventually Microsoft or MSN will take one of these illegal recipients or providers and sue them until they have nothing else to lose... at which time people will know its illegal...

Now if someone had spoken out about it being illegal in the first place it would save Microsoft or MSN time as well as really saving the recipients or providers of the pirated software thousands of dollars.

Edited by scribby

Also once again yes people get jealous, but some for the right reasons, if you have worked and made your own OCX, only to be beaten by the competition that uses an ILLEGAL copy of a web chat that only became so popular due to MSN Chat.

we at vsixc.com use our own ocx and i don't give a tos on how many chatters other networks have.

the ppl that come to vsixc.com enjoy it and thats the main thing :)

we at vsixc.com use our own ocx and i don't give a tos on how many chatters other networks have.

the ppl that come to vsixc.com enjoy it and thats the main thing :)

I respect VSIXC, at least you have your own (non illegal) web chat.

Not leaching off MSN Chat's success.

Edited by scribby

lol Gwen, people having been trying that for years, since chat went paid even before probably. Without any success. Most of these chat networks having running since chat went paid and they are still working strong this day and many years to come. People are just jealous of how popular some of them have gotten like buzzen for instance, gets over 6000 users a day.

I seriously doubt anyone is jealous of buzzen or any of the other clone sites. Basicly for the fact because everyone is learning that they are illegal and who wants to be a part of that.

Guest X-Fusion

Buzzen isnt brought up on a good note much Molson. It's popular for a wrong reason. Oh well, Hitler was popular for putting 3 million people into concetration camps, then killing their children. Oh, what a great world we live in!

Seriously, let the whole clone thing die. The more you talk about it, the more it'll keep dragging on and on. We closed one Buzzen/clone ocx topic, now we're just starting another.

Buzzen isnt brought up on a good note much Molson. It's popular for a wrong reason. Oh well, Hitler was popular for putting 3 million people into concetration camps, then killing their children. Oh, what a great world we live in!

Seriously, let the whole clone thing die. The more you talk about it, the more it'll keep dragging on and on. We closed one Buzzen/clone ocx topic, now we're just starting another.

haha nice example.

The more we talk about it the more we are making people aware of it being illegal.

I'm not specifying one particular clone, I'm addressing it as a whole.

Anyways I like to cause a stir haha, this is my first post on TG007 in a while :)

Hi Scribby,

Yes msn also says using the msn ocx, without permission, is illegal. They are currently investigating both buzzen and phreik, and maybe the other clones also, I'm not sure. You can read the email from msn about it, under the Buzzen Chat

And on the flip side, most people that I've talked to love chatting at vsixc. It has a fresh clean feel, and lots of friendly people.