hos.dll

Warrior124

Okay, for those having the same problem I still don't know what is causing it. However, I found another code in hos.dll that will work. Replace the RemoveTheme code with this code...

dll $shortfn($findfile($mircdir,hos.dll,1)) SetWinTheme $dialog($dname).hwnd off <dialog id/'s here>

• 1 month later...

why not this :P

alias hos {
 var %f = $shortfn($$findfile($mircdir,hos.dll,1))
 if ($isid) return %f
 else dll %f $1-
}

and this ;)

hos SetWinTheme $dialog($dname).hwnd off <dialog id/'s here>

I hope this is much more easier :P .

Just thought I'd mention that the $findfile there literally does nothing. $findfile($mircdir,hos.dll,1) will ALWAYS be $mircdirhos.dll.

Not true. $mircdir refers to the main directory. However, $findfile($mircdir finds the file being searched for in both the main directory, and also the sub-directories as well. Otherwise $findfile is a useless command.

$findfile(dir,wildcard,N,depth,@window | command)

Searches the specified directory and its subdirectories for the Nth filename matching the wildcard file specification and returns the full path and filename if it is found.

Properties: shortfn

$findfile(c:\mirc,*.exe,1) returns c:\mirc\mirc.exe

If you specify a custom @window name (with a listbox) instead of the N parameter, mIRC will fill the custom @window listbox with the results.

If you specify a command, the command is performed on every filename that is found. You can use $1- to refer to the filename, eg. //echo 1 $findfile($mircdir,*.*,0,echo $1-)

If you use /halt in the command/alias, this halts the search.

If you specify a depth, mIRC will only search N directories deep for matching filenames.

You can specify multiple wildcards by separating them with semi-colons, eg. *.exe;*.txt;*.hlp.

The $findfilen identifier returns the Nth position of file that was found.

Note: Both the depth and @window/command parameters are optional.

Edited by Warrior124

lol, so we're going to get into who has the best coding? I suppose there are better ways to code, and such, and I never claimed that the code I provided was the "only" way to code it. I was just providing an example, and yes. Hardcoding is always better, and much faster. However, lets face it. People don't keep the same files in the same directories. That is why a huge percentage of addons don't work, and that is why I provided the code in my coding to search for the dlls, and again. It was just an example coding. Not something you neccessarily have to do.

Edited by Warrior124

Well, ask yourself this. Would you wnat an addon that doesn't work, because you didn't know you had a dll in the wrong folder, or would you want something that works? Like I said. There are better ways to code. However, what I gave was just an example. If you don't like it you don't have to use it. If you know how to make your own script then it is always best to do so. that way whoever does has a script they can suit to their needs, and wants. ;)

P.S.: By the way, this post isn't about who can make the better script. It was about getting help for a problem. Which by the way no one seemingly was able to help me out with, and I found the solution on my own. So, please keep the remarks to yourself.

Also, unless the script one uses is like one of the biggest scripts in the world with so many files in there it is like counting stars, $findfile doesn't slow the script down enough to be that much of a trouble. Crytons code is terrific, and I suggest anyone to use it. However, don't knock someone elses coding. Especially if one has found a way when no one else was seemingly able to, and decides to share what he/she has found to help others. If you have a better way to code, then do like Cryton did, and volunteer it if you wish, but don't knock others for finding solutions when you didn't.

Edited by Warrior124