sockwrite -n $sockname $auth.i 
}

would $regml(1) return the socketname?

e.g..

on $*:SOCKOPEN:/blah|hii|heyy/g:{ 
  if ($regml(1) = blah) { do stuff here for the blah socket etc }
  sockwrite -n $sockname $auth.i 
}

Would that work? Any suggesstions anyone?

Edited by Pyscho

Theoretically, yes it should but every time I've tried to use $regml(name,N) with N as any number apart from 0, it's blank (0 does count all matches though).

I've tried this little test several times, editing it each time but to no avail:

Test:{
 var %a = $regex(tz,to TEST this,/[A-Z]/g)
 echo -a %a - $regml(tz,1)
}

• 1 year later...

Since this site has been busted for the past couple weeks, cant read messages sent to me, or start new topics, i need to add to old posts.

The server I run allows me to right click on a nick and check for time and profiles. I am trying to make it possible to be able to right click and on it so that if a person has a groups profile the link can be viewed.

Result of right clicking on Profile:

if ($3 = PUID) {

/sendtouser $sockname $roombotname PRIVMSG $groom2($sockname) :If I am registered to the group, you can view my profile here http://groups.msn.com/somegroup/profile?user= <---the part I am having trouble with---->

Essentially the codes required to convert SĦÄGGY™ to user=S%C4%A6%C3%84GGY%E2%84%A2%E2%9C%93

I am just having problems getting the right link that will work.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about?

Also looking for something that will clear my server screen if I walk away from it, so I dont have to watch it for lag. I suppose I could program it to /clearall for each time someone says certain words, but I would rather have it count joins, as there is only so much 25 chatters could say.

Edited by Shagman

• 5 months later...

Theoretically, yes it should but every time I've tried to use $regml(name,N) with N as any number apart from 0, it's blank (0 does count all matches though).

I've tried this little test several times, editing it each time but to no avail:

var %a = $regex(tz,to TEST this,/[A-Z]/g)
}

$regml() is only filled when a regex matches something that was found within capturing brackets:

var %a = $regex(tz,to TEST this,/([A-Z])/g)
}

The () inside of $regex() is the key here.

Since this site has been busted for the past couple weeks, cant read messages sent to me, or start new topics, i need to add to old posts.

The server I run allows me to right click on a nick and check for time and profiles. I am trying to make it possible to be able to right click and on it so that if a person has a groups profile the link can be viewed.

Result of right clicking on Profile:

Essentially the codes required to convert SĦÄGGY™ to user=S%C4%A6%C3%84GGY%E2%84%A2%E2%9C%93

I am just having problems getting the right link that will work.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about?

Also looking for something that will clear my server screen if I walk away from it, so I dont have to watch it for lag. I suppose I could program it to /clearall for each time someone says certain words, but I would rather have it count joins, as there is only so much 25 chatters could say.

make your clear all to a timmer instaed if people joined