Chatting on any server

chain

• Site Moderator

So today is Sunday 

I've been sitting on mega servers for quite some time now. Not that it matters how many , but a lot 🤣 and to be honest it's getting boring at some point being on all these servers and looking for a place to chat, or even seeing people chat. I'm on  a server in a room with 669 people and hell not one has chat since 1 week ago 😲 Now im being to wonder if those are chatters or just scripts from one user or server user's. The one server that dose talk or chat is Koach.com and they chat most every day. What makes a good place that will allow people to come in and actually chat not just idle? I'm wondering why do we have all these range of server's at our finger tips but yet no one chats. 

And don't get me wrong its just not IRC server's it mainly all chats over the world or globe as you want to call it. Even mirc on freenode is dead or any scripter rooms from various chats are not as they use to be. Has social Media really killed this or we just dont like communicating with humans anymore. What's your input on this top

Chain

everything you have stated is so true but unlike you I have used only a few chat networks whether it be mirc ircwx ect

I did find one that people spoke to you but its in the UK

https://www.chatterboxuk.co.uk

trouble is I couldn't figure it out as it seems to have no registering your username ?

to your comments on soical media a BIG YES to that

as for https://www.koach.com/ I have tried a few times to join that site but the "I am not a bot" doesn't work for me

its good to see someone in your position in techgear talking about this

thanks

I tried again to register a username i.e. nick name in koach and this is what I keep getting no matter how many times I use the capcha ?

so maybe you will reply to this and give me some advice on what I maybe doing wrong

Unfortunately, the capcha result you entered did not match the result.
This feature is in place in order to prevent spam bots

thank you for your help Chain

the funny thing is I did download that script of paige's and as you said I needed to register my username

surprise surprise I managed to get into Koach via the script with what I put in the connection ?

I then went to Koach website and the webchat page and logged in with the details that I had put in the scipt and it allowed me to join.

Question Chain ?  why hasn't koach ever thought of using ircWx is it because its easier with what he has or is it cheaper than ircWx

and do you have any idea of the cost of setting up ircWx

you have been helpful and for that I appreciate

will look back in a few days and hopefully receive a reply

Edited by Daniel1962

• Site Moderator

He had thought about it. But prefers no 2nd party owning and running the server for him. 

Its the same with us at irc.coders.net we prefer running the server and knowing who we can IP ban and it sticks better then most webchat.

Just our opinions!!