Happy New Year 2011

err0r

It seems like just yesterday I was making the annual Happy New Year post on TechGear for the year 2010. Another year has come and gone with TechGear still chugging along. I have no delusions that TechGear is still as relevant as it once was in it hay day, but I still think the site performs the same function as was intended the day it was opened. I still enjoy working on the site and I am happy to see users still visit and find it useful. There have been many changes over the years since the site has been open and has come a very long way since it's humble beginnings in early 2002. The site is coming up on it's 9th year of operation but it feels to me like it has been around so much longer. It has been one of the few constants in my life and over the years I have spent many hours happily lost in the coding of TechGear.

During this time of year it's impossible not to think about all the people and opportunities involved with my years of doing TechGear. Because of my work on the site it has afforded me the chance to be involved with a lot of great people and projects. I think about all the people that have entered and left my life during the past 9 years and though I have a few regrets over certain things, for the most part it has been all positive. I've met and interacted with so many different people from all over the world and none of it would have been possible without this site.

As the new year comes I just want to extend my thanks and well wishes for all the users of TechGear both present and past. TechGear will be here for years to come for whoever wishes to use it and I look forward to making a similar post on the first day of 2012.

Again thank you all for finding use in this guys hobby/obsession.

Happy New Year to you all..