New Tft

JOhnson

:oops: another one for the forum ... iv just gone and got me a new tft monitor which is 19" and looks well but on some website I dont get the full page it has margins either side (tg007 excluded) :D iv tried to ajust the screen resolution which by the way is 1366 x 768 (Recommended) and it messes everything up ... is this just the way it has to be or is there something I can do ... as always thank you for any replies on this one :D

:oops: another one for the forum ... iv just gone and got me a new tft monitor which is 19" and looks well but on some website I dont get the full page it has margins either side (tg007 excluded) :D iv tried to ajust the screen resolution which by the way is 1366 x 768 (Recommended) and it messes everything up ... is this just the way it has to be or is there something I can do ... as always thank you for any replies on this one :D

some sites do have margins and the bigger your screen the bigger the margins

so don't worry about it

yes ozzy is correct. It is dependent on what the site does. Some use fixed widths that will not look all that great in larger resolutions. Techgear uses a dynamic width so it changes to fit the resolution. Many sites are still stuck in the old days of doing fixed widths for 800 x 600.

side note if you are using either 800 x 600 screen resolution or IE 6 just please die!

side note if you are using either 800 x 600 screen resolution or IE 6 just please die!

:stupid: iv been around tg for a while err0r :lolwave: iv not always learnt all you have told me as much as I try but I have with this one :D ... as if I would still have 800 x 600 or even IE 6 :P

:lmaojump: ok fellas thank you for all the replies its helped me understand this new tft a lot better and now im a happy fella :D

I find that 1366x768 is a big step backwards. Think about it - several years ago (around 2002?) 15" TFTs were becoming the standard with 1024x768 as the screen resolution then that eventually went on to 1280x1024. These new 1366x768 resolutions are wider than they were 8yrs ago but it's the same height!!!

This is a personal opinion, mind you, so if you prefer wider to overall bigger, feel free. There are quite a few people at my workplace that prefer the slightly wider screen res for that extra column or two on their spreadsheets.

I would've gone the extra £10-20 for a screen resolution of... well, just bigger.