Hd Ready

Dippy

HD TV is filmed using HD cameras, totaly different from normal or non HD cameras. Yes you can watch HD TV on a normal TV with an improved picture quality, however, using a HD TV with programmes recorded on HD cameras will give a much better viewing experience. To put it another way....there is no point having a really good sound card with rubbish speakers or really good speakers with a rubbish sound card. Hope this helps.

HD and 16:9 Ratio are completely different.

HDTV is a High Definition Television capable of showing 1080p footage. This is done through the HD technology. Also, you *MUST* use an HDMI cable to transfer this signal from a HD receiver to an HDTV. Otherwise, you will see SDTV (Standard Definition Television)

Standard Definition is transferred through Composite, Component, and S-Video cables. None of these cables are capable of transferring an HD signal. So let's throw some of these into examples.

I pay for HD programming. I have an SDTV. I hook up my HD receiver to my SDTV with a Composite/Component/S-Video and I see a standard definition picture.

I pay for HD programming. I have an HDTV. I hook up my HD receiver to my HDTV with a Composite/Component/S-Video and I see a standard definition picture.

I pay for HD programming. I have an HDTV. I hook up my HD receiver to my HDTV with an HDMI cable and I see a high-def picture.

Keep in mind:

• Just because you have a big 'flat screen' television, it is not HD ready.
  • Just because your TV can change to 16:9 aspect ratio, it is not HD ready.
  • Just because you hook up a HD receiver to a SDTV, you are not seeing Hi-Def picture.