Hd Ready

Dippy

I find this quite pizzal so if anyone can sourder some light on this please do

How can Sky show HD Picture on a normal Picture and show the diffent when you are not even on HD ready?

To me it looks like a scam

what your view?

I mean how can you see HD ready clip on a non HD TV

If you can see HD on a Non HD TV what the point in Paying for HD Channels?

If you can see HD on a Non HD TV what the point in Paying for HD Channels?
dippy, I think you've been baffled between HD TV and standard TV. Here is an answer from google search, and I quote:
When you compare HD television to standard television you will see many differences, most of them are not noticeable from simply looking at the television set alone, but are noticeable when viewing cable programs broadcast in HD.

HDTV has twice the linear resolution when compared with standard television. This means that the viewer, when watching a show with HD, will notice many more details when compared with a viewer watching the same program with standard television.

HD television also uses more aspect ratio when compared to standard television. Aspect ratio is the displayed width divided by its height. High definition television will have an aspect ratio of 16:9 while standard television is 4:3. This basically means that viewing a television program with a higher aspect ratio will mean a clearer, more precise view of what is being shown when compared with a smaller aspect ratio.

Watching HD on a non-HD TV is a slight improvement. Watching HD on a TV that is HD is a significant improvement. For example, my brother-in-law hooked up his son's PS3 to his non-HD 42" plasma. My PS3 on my 22" HD-ready LCD TV is astounding in how much better quality it has; just by looking at the startup logo you can see a tremendous difference.

In case you think it's the size - my PS3 used to be hooked up to my parents' 52" plasma and that had about the same degree of quality difference compared to his TV.