Icon Nicklist

err0r

As some of you know I've been working for awhile on a nicklist for mIRC. I have tried many different methods and have made some very good headway. The only problem is dealing with unicode nicknames. I'm sure you all have been frustrated with trying to do a nicklist dialog on chat services that allow unicode nicknames.

The image below shows two methods.

post-20793-1248141019_thumb.png

The left nicklist uses a dialog and nicklist dll and some mdx. ( i've used nicklust as well it really makes no difference )

The major con with using this method is you have to use an alias to decode the nicks and there really is no way to include them all. That really is about the only con I have with this method.

The right nicklist uses dcx and a embed html file. The great thing about this is that all nicks are exactly like you would see them in buzzen chat. The downside is that each time it refreshes the focus goes to the nicklist. So if you are typing it pulls the focus to the window instead of where you are typing. I have tried a few methods to fix that but so far nothing that has had much success. Unfortunately this method also precludes you from using mirc's default popups for nicklist. Everything else works. You will also have to manually hide the default nicklist as this one does not sit on top of the old one. Speed and the ablility to select the nicks properly has been achieved.

I'm wondering if

a) anyone has any idea on how to avoid pulling the focus off the nicklist during refreshes.

B) if anyone has a dll or an idea how to make the nicklist menu popup like you can with the nicklist.dll

Anyone with advanced scripting ability that would like to take a look please feel free to contact me or post your ideas here.

I've gone about as far as i can atm. I think a lot of ppl would like this addition to their script and until mIRC allows the use of unicode in dialogs i'm really at a loss for what to try.

if you know a bit of javascript, you should be able to pass it names and such to do things like add/remove users and that from the list. then using javascript to perform the appropriate tasks.

this should stop it from stealing the focus as it won't refersh the whole page, but doing things like seeing the table's inner html (or using a list), and just doing it that way. speed shouldn't be affected too much if the code is reasonably efficient. that should solve the loss of focus.

as for getting the menus working, i lack the knowledge in that, but if javascript can do callbacks to the script, you should be able to get it going. but i'm not too sure.