Room Knock

JOhnson

:oops: I asked for help on chainz forum with this topic but I cant get a SS in there so I hope you dont mind me asking in here :unsure: ... the code below doesnt work so iv done a SS so I can show what is happening when I fetch the test nick in via webchat as a banned nick. Iv also tested it via mirc with the same nick ... I am in spcn and the room is in computing and is called Johnson Test ... as alway nais tuke = thank you for any help on this :D

#knocks on 
raw knock:*913*: { set -u10 %kb.flood | if (!%kb.flood) { /amsg [ $nick Is Banned ] } } 
raw knock:*471*: { set -u10 %kl.flood | if (!%kl.flood) { /amsg room isnt big enuff for $nick .. just wont fit :(   } } 
raw knock:*473*: { set -u10 %ki.flood | if (!%ki.flood) { /amsg  $nick is knockin cause the room is Invite only  } } 
#knocks end

post-27425-1245175757_thumb.jpg

raw knock:*913*: { if (!%kb.flood) { set -u10 %kb.flood $true | /amsg [ $nick Is Banned ]} } 
raw knock:*471*: { if (!%kl.flood) { set -u10 %kl.flood $true | /amsg room isnt big enuff for $nick .. just wont fit :( } } 
raw knock:*473*: { if (!%ki.flood) { set -u10 %ki.flood $true | /amsg  $nick is knockin cause the room is Invite only } }

Hehe, pleased I spotted this topic. Having tested that, I noticed a flaw with our webchats inbuilt knock display:

knock.gif

Edited by oasiz

no sure what you are asking johnson... are you saying the flood protection isn't working?.. if so a better way maybe to simple turn off knocks for a set time once the flood triggers.

change it to this see if that helps

#knocks on
  raw KNOCK:*: {
   if ($2 == 913) && (!%kb.flood) {  set -eu10 %kb.flood | /amsg [ $nick Is Banned ] } 
   if ($2 == 471) && (!%kl.flood) {  set -eu10 %kl.flood |  /amsg room isnt big enuff for $nick .. just wont fit :(   } 
   if ($2 == 473) && (!%ki.flood) { set -eu10 %ki.flood | /amsg  $nick is knockin cause the room is Invite only  }
  halt
  }
   #knocks end

been awhile since i've used knock but doesn't $1 echo back the room name.. so you could do away with amsg if you use the script in more than one room like

#knocks on
  raw KNOCK:*: {
   if ($2 == 913) && (!%kb.flood) {  set -eu10 %kb.flood | /msg $1 [ $nick Is Banned ] } 
   if ($2 == 471) && (!%kl.flood) {  set -eu10 %kl.flood |  /msg $1 room isnt big enuff for $nick .. just wont fit :(   } 
   if ($2 == 473) && (!%ki.flood) { set -eu10 %ki.flood | /msg $1  $nick is knockin cause the room is Invite only  }
  halt
  }
   #knocks end

no sure what you are asking johnson... are you saying the flood protection isn't working?.. if so a better way maybe to simple turn off knocks for a set time once the flood triggers.

:lmaojump: see im still learning as you can see err0r from the "Bold" in your quote that has helped me undertand the room knock flood ... what I did was I took one line out of that code that oasiz gave me and did what you can see in the code below and when I tested the code it worked and I tried to access the room with the test nick about 15 times and it showed in the room 3 times in all (omg I hope Im explaining myself right)

right first of all nais tuke to you err0r for helping me in the 1st place and 2nd oasiz for his help and all :D

iv saved all codes to file and will play with them when iv got time and learn from them :D

#knocks on
raw knock:*913*: { if (!%kb.flood) { set -u10 %kb.flood $true | /amsg [ $nick Is Try To "Access The Room" [ Banned ]
  } 
}
#knocks end

post-27425-1245185457_thumb.jpg

Edited by JOhnson

it has flood protection so the screen isn't flooded with <user> is banned over and over.. many ppl just try to rejoin after being banned on a timer so it would just flood out the chat as long as knocks are on. With what i gave u it will only msg once every 10 secs so the chat won't be flooded with requests

normally what i would do is just set it to something like every 3 secs and then after so many times i would have it set -u for a couple of minutes then have it auto +u again after that