Chat help

Guest McGugamafia

Guest McGugamafia

Ok I'm not sure that this is in the right forum, but I'm takin a guess, so if it's not then u can move it. What I was wonderin is how to write something to make it hop for another chat service. My problem is that they have an alias for the join, which is fine, but the alias for part is just to disconnect. I think this is the problem, although I'm not really sure. If you want to have a look at the connection your self, it's .If anyone could help me with this is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sorry but they are using msn content illegally , thus we wont help , however you may get help from them if you try there help room

sorry but they are using msn content illegally , thus we wont help , however you may get help from them if you try there help room

Interesting Assumption OZZY.. considering the MSN OCX is a freeware product...Many Chat servers use the MSN chat client...the EULA says the OCX should not be Dissasembled or reworked in anyway but nothing About dont use MSN Freeware??? i find Phreikchat a Very good Stable Chat server Playing a part in providing Free chat to the general public Which MSN itself has chosen to Deny...

I think some need to read the tou and you will find you can only use the ocx on msn

If you receive any software that is not accompanied by a EULA, then Microsoft grants to you a non-exclusive, revocable, personal, non-transferable license to use such software solely in connection with the MSN Web Sites and in accordance with this Agreement

http://www.ignition-project.com/antimsn/

http://www.airwalklogik.com/projects/antimsn/

If you want to know more reasons about why using the MSN Chat Control is illegal, and how The Ignition Project and Airwalklogik are trying to prevent it from happening. Before anyone asks, yes, we are exploiting a small hole in ignitionServer 0.1.0/0.1.1 (the MSN supporting versions) and all deriviatives (WavServ). If I wasn't exploiting the hole, I'd leave the file 404, and it would crash on startup.

• 3 months later...

realy dont like the msn ocx every server that runs it goes down every day and there just makeing more mistakes than msn did so its worse. I dont see why ppl dont leave it in the past there are way better webchats out there, just people are afraid to change.