Channel Topic Feeder

err0r

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:pizza: Ok instead of editing each seperate link why not fix it kinda like I do my protections, here is a example , when I click a protection on in my dialog I got this as the first event .set %arkmesg { $$?="Enter kick message:" } so people can set their own message so why not make the same thing where people can just edit the forums they wanna watch rather than being limited to ones pre added. Heres my full code so you can see what I got going on.

on *:dialog:ChanP:sclick:2: { if (False isin %AutoRev) { halt }
  if ($input(Are you sure you want to Enable Auto Revolve Kick?,y)) { .set %arkmesg { $$?="Enter kick message:" } | .enable #AutoRev | did -ra $dname 4 $group(#AutoRev) | %snd.enab | .echo $active 0,4Auto Revolve Kick 0,12Enabled }
}
on *:dialog:ChanP:sclick:3: { if (False isin %AutoRev) { halt }
  if ($input(Are you sure you want to Disable Auto Revolve Kick?,y)) { .unset %arkmesg | .disable #AutoRev | did -ra $dname 4 $group(#AutoRev) | %snd.dis | .echo $active 0,12Auto Revolve Kick 0,4Disabled }
}

well ide like to see it released an if it costs to get it that's fine with me but that's just me :P

cause thier are some poeple that dont have any idea but would love stuff that's easy to get an just pay for instead of learning an some people cant learn it cause they cant process the information like others sadly ;)

good money spinner if u ask me ;)

i think you should do a poll Err0r ;)

well tbh it's not worth releasing.. there are rss feeds already out there much better than mine.. mine is barebones..

All i do is open a socket to the rss page ( if available ). If it's not i sockread from whatever page that has the least amount of info but still has the info i need.

It's not really in a format that is releasable. all the edits are manual. Adding new feeds is all manual. it was easier for me to offer the service in a room than it is for me to fix it all up to be released.

How do you stop it from spamming every different forum in every room ur in, what if a room only wanted to see the topic feed of one site & not the other? Seems like if you added 8 to 10 different topic feeds to it that if you was setting in 5 rooms that all 5 rooms would be spammed with all 8 to 10 feeds you got added ?

Edited by CharmedOne

Guest X-Fusion

They're set on individual prefrences. It's most likely reading off of a hash table or ini file to specify which feeds it wants the channel to see.

Only problem i have seen through the years is alot of people have like connections & add ons & etc thats really good that people can use but are never released. Once I got into coding I felt it was more rewarding to let people use & enjoy the things I made rather than keep them to myself but well everyones different. Its a shame this is for private use only.

Guest Travis

I think it might be more rewarding for people to ask for your script vs. seeing someone else claim it as their own. ;)