Ie7 / Aol Broadband

JOhnson

:oops: is anyone having problems with there IE7 with Vista as a friend of mine cannot access IE7 since they had a Vista IE7 update. Also is anyone having problems with there aol broadband UK which they also have problems ... I adviced them to download and install opera and they have told me that it starts to installs and then just stops suddenly ? they also told me that they tried firefox with the same results ? any help on this one I would be grateful :D

:oops: is anyone having problems with there IE7 with Vista as a friend of mine cannot access IE7 since they had a Vista IE7 update. Also is anyone having problems with there aol broadband UK which they also have problems ... I adviced them to download and install opera and they have told me that it starts to installs and then just stops suddenly ? they also told me that they tried firefox with the same results ? any help on this one I would be grateful :D

Do a virus and spyware scan if installs are stopping half way trhough someit is up

if that fails system restore to a date before it was updatec

Do a virus and spyware scan if installs are stopping half way trhough someit is up

if that fails system restore to a date before it was updatec

They have done that and also a restore to factory settings ... I dont know what else to advice them on :D

first get rid of AOL, if i made antivirus software i'd have it classified as a virus lol. I've worked on many pc's using vista and none had a problem with IE7.

side note IE 8 is a nice step up but still in beta

first get rid of AOL, if i made antivirus software i'd have it classified as a virus lol. I've worked on many pc's using vista and none had a problem with IE7.

side note IE 8 is a nice step up but still in beta

:lmaojump: I told them years ago to get rid of aol ... but it fell on deaf ears ... iv rang them and told them that there is not vista issue with IE7 ... I would like to nais tuke all for your swift replies :D

the problem is that aol embed there services in there own version of ie

so installing ie7 has prob messed it up

they need to check with aol and they will prob have a fix for it

the problem is that aol embed there services in there own version of ie

so installing ie7 has prob messed it up

they need to check with aol and they will prob have a fix for it

:lmaojump: iv just had a phone call from my friend and aol have told them that its down to them ... I dont know if aol has a forum or not but it would be nice if they could let customers know that there having problems .. makes me wonder if anyone else has though the same as my friend ... I better do a few days back restore or even worse done a factory restore. Anyways nais tuke = thank you all for your help on this one D