Text Decoder

err0r

If anyone has a text decoder they want to share I would appreciate it. Mine is one I used back in my msn days and does ok but still it could be much better and tbh I just don't want to take the time trying to gather up all i don't have. You can post it here or send it to my pm if you would rather. ty

What kind of "text decoder" are you looking for?

If you are looking to convert normal text o utf8 mIRC has built in methods for doing that.

$utfencode(Tewl™) returns Tewlâ„¢

$utfdecode(Tewlâ„¢,1252) returns Tewl™

1252 is CONST value for ASNI encoding

In addition, you can use $isutf(<some text here>) to check if a line of text is encoded or not. If the text is not encoded a numerical value of 1 is returned. If the text is encoded a numerical value of 2 is returned.

Not sure if that was really what you were looking for but either way maybe someone will find it useful.

basically just list the nicks of a room in a dialog list and have them appear as close to the original nick as possible in terms of unicode. my decoder is using $replace on certain characters atm. I've been experimenting with $utfdecode but still having a bit of trouble with some characters

atm i'm using the old msn decoder type replace.. just wondering if anyone has a larger list of replaces... i guess i just need to add some more to mine lol.. i'm trying for the lazy way out.

Yeah you need the $replace text decoder for dialogs since they do not support unicode. And you only see ??? if you dont support language packs or are on WinXP and below. When I went to Vista I saw all asian characters and weird cyrillic and greek stuff just fine and don't see the ??? anymore.

err0r you have the only decoder I'd give you. It's probably based off the old msn one. It was most likely edited from NuclearMSN by Cryton and then edited by me as I found more characters to decode.