Question Of Preference

Guest Travis

Hello, I am writing a multi-network connection and came upon a question.

Picture one mIRC connected to 3 different networks. You are connected and in rooms on a server and go to switch to a different account on that server.

Which do you prefer?

• A. Account switch causes you to dc and reconnect to the same rooms with the different account.

B. mIRC opens a second connection to that server so you can join with both accounts at the same time.

C. Option to do both. (Either/Or not simultaenously)

Sounds like a no brainer except that when you are connected to the same room on the same mirc scripts get a little buggy. Not the connection itself, but you wouldn't want to run games or protections from that mIRC.

Also, can you please let me know why you chose the option. Please ask for more clarification is needed.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Travis

Guest X-Fusion

I said option C and gave you the reason why. Because most use different names/passwords over different servers. It wouldn't be universal. However, some might use the same one spread across all networks.

Having same username/password's across mulitple networks is not a concern with my connection. You can have 10 of the same accounts for 10 networks and there would be no issue.

The question is the ability to join the same room with 10 different nicks in the same mirc.

if i understand your question correctly I would go for A. One account per server. I really don't see a real purpose in having multiple accounts on the same server. I'd rather see one account on each server IE.

VSIXc : account err0r

Buzzen: account err0r

Koach: account err0r

and not

VSIXc : account err0r,w00,cyntax

Buzzen: account err0r,w00,cyntax

Koach: account err0r,w00,cyntax

Option B seems like it would lend itself to more problems like you said when dealing with protections and such. I just don't see the point in having multiple accounts on the same server in one script connecting at the same time.

Personally I do individual scripts for any room i plan on running with a script. I have one script on my other pc dedicated to running my tg007 room on koach. It doesn't join any other rooms and it's only purpose is running the room. I rarely even look at it and never chat with it.

My multi conn script is mainly used to chat in all the other places i go to, instead of having, either several scripts or running several webchats. Guess it all depends on what your intentions are with the script you are making. Whether is more geared towards just allowing ppl to connect everywhere with one conn and having the functions of mirc or you are making it for running a room or rooms.