Tribalfm

err0r

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Each and every person has a right to their opinions in life on each and any topic. I will stand by Tribal though as a station and the DJs they have there. I see it like this. When a person can honestly say they can do a better job at something and are perfect in that, then and only then can they state something so crass as another "owning" one. Perhaps it is statements such as this that have caused problems on sites and in rooms in the past and if people were a bit nicer for a change then perhaps people would get along much better. Just a thought ;)

I am not saying there are not great stations out there other than Tribal but I am saying that they are great and deserve the same amount of respect as well as be given the change to prove themselves. They are new and with anything new, it only gets better in time.

Hey Im just trying to help err0r and Techgear out. B)

Lighten up, IM just kidding around. It's just a personal internet radio show. Hell I even deejayed on one a few years ago. We all had fun, no big deal.

The one I pointed at is actually an FM station where they all get paid. Of course it is better. It's a joke ...

Edited by Travis

This is my first real experience at listening to an online show when the dj's are actually chatters as well. I tuned into the vsixc one once i think, but only for a few minutes. Although I do love music I tend to lean more towards talk radio in my old age lol. But this is a lot of fun. I enjoy the interaction among the dj's and chatters.

I embedded wmp into my script because i really don't like running things like winamp anymore. I tried to embed it first into a window then into a dialog but when trying to use the controls it made mirc crash. Finally i just stuck it in a @ window. It's controlled from the right menu in the tribal fm box.. you click the tribal fm header and it starts if it's off and closes if it's on.. The picture shows the player but i don't actually view it that often.. I open the @window but do not use -a. Like i said it's a lot of fun but to me it's the ppl that make it so much more than the music being played.

post-20793-1232000666_thumb.jpg

That's a cool way to do it. I found a script that uses the wmp dll but doesn't use the wmp interface. Basically stop and start the music. So I edited it to connect to a few stations and created a small interface for it. I liked this because it used very little resources. You are welcome to it if you like. :)

It's not winamp, it uses the windows media player dll to connect to the station and play the music. You just dont have the bulky wmp program. It;s pretty sweet. I just had a window with the song list ya know? Stop and play button. A list to switch between stations.

I even started to make a shoutcast dialog to connect and get radio station list and play through this script but I realized it was a stupid idea and way easier to just use the browser with nhtml... :)