Urgent Request

[::X-System::]

Greetings everyone

I wonder if anyone happens to have - or know about - any DLLs that can disable dialog's closure (and hide the X close button aswell)

If so, please hit back. Any help would be greatly apperciated

Already searched within MDX, but apparently it doesn't do the job. dialog.mdx only adds context help button, minimize and maximize buttons to dialogs. (might be my help file is out-dated, if so please inform me)

Don't know about DCX and i don't use it, the dialog i have is already built upon MDX and that's srsly hard to change. Any other ideas ?

hmm Ok, actually i just found the noclose feature, but the file doesn't tell about unsetting this or toggling it back off.

What i needed to do is more like

bleh {
  disable closure
  do stuff
  enable closure back on
}

Edited by [::X-System::]

Think about h ow pissed I would be, as a user, if I tried to close your dialog and it wouldn't let me. :P

Anyway's, noone said the answer would be easy ....

DCX

Edit:

Anyone who knows me knows Im concerned more with tools than design so I haven't spent much time exploring options concerning things like this. However, this does make me think of a custom picture window. I know you can draw a window with no close button on it. If you hid it from the switchbar you would only be able to close it with a command. /window -c @windowname. You can put buttons and everything on a custom picture window. People even create their own popups with them.

You will have to script a bit to pull it off., but why else do what we do with mIRC?

Edited by Travis

Think about h ow pissed I would be, as a user, if I tried to close your dialog and it wouldn't let me. :P

You haven't read my last post well, have you :P

The dialog must be kept open till the code is done processing, besides, there will be an Exit button (wich will be disabled during code processing, and enabled back on once done)

either this, or i'll have to add some kinda checker within every loop, wich will slow the code processing down way more than it is already ;<

EDIT:

I'm talking about REALLY HUGE loops here lol

Edited by [::X-System::]

Well, remember there are lot's of ways to do things in mIRC. Maybe you should share your code to see if there is a better way.

Also, use "if (!$dialog(dialogname)) { return }" if you need.

nvm, Andy on mircscripts.org wrote me a DLL for it, ty for the help everyone ^_^