$rgb(colours)

Silo

Hi guys & dolls, could somebody please help me complete this list (or let me know if I've got some wrong).

orange return $rgb(255,140,0)
black return $rgb(0,0,0)
red return $rgb(255,0,0)
blue return $rgb(0,0,255)
white return $rgb(255,255,255)
pink return $rgb(255,0,255)
yellow return $rgb(255,255,0)
cyan return $rgb(0,255,255)
grey return $rgb(192,192,192)

I'm trying to get all the colours that mIRC uses in a simplified fashion. If anyone could offer their insight etc, that would be great.

Ahhhh, gosh, sometimes the obvious just shoots right past me! lol Thanks, David :)

PS - Is mIRC's & MDX $RGB function a bit picky in how you manipulate it? I was just having a bit a play around with an idea and using;

(From .ini file)

Dialog_Colour=255,255,255

Dodgy, I know, I Know :P

and then this;

dll $mdx SetColor $dname 3,4,5 background $rgb($readini($_data,Colours,Dialog_Colour))

(Again, dodgy, I know :P)

Since I assumed I was inserting 255,255,255 within the $RGB( ) wrap, I thought it would of worked no problem at all.

I doubt I'll even utilise this, it was more of an experiment to try different things out. Any reason why this wouldn't work, though :)

Edited by Silo

Thanks, KD, I've just been playing around in paint like TKG suggested, getting some more colour codes. Makes it soooooooooooooooooo hard when you're somewhat colour blind :o

you cannot just do...

var %red = 255,0,0
$rgb(%red)

the reason is that it sees %red as a string, and doesn't recognise you have the commas there for it. You actually need to do something like...

var %r = 255, %g = 0, %b = 0
$rgb(%r,%g,%b)

This will work. So what i would suggest is using the above code and just change the values to a $gettok version so that you can get it from your ini file. I would suggest using a while loop and a readini with n value, instead of the actual name (i believe you can scan like that from memory, just check the help file).

Edited by The Gate Keeper

Ok, used colourcop, worked a treat. TGK, thank you as well. I got it to work, though the end result was quite sloppy. I heard a term today called spaghetti codng. I think that sums me up quite well, at this junctre in time :P

Thanks again, guys :)

Ahhh thank you, Warrior. That is very handy to know. I Was wracking my brain trying to think of where I'd seen that, as I remembered seeing you use it somewhere some time ago.

I shall impliment this immediately since my route of calling the event was VERY sloppy (ugly).

Thanks again, my friends :)