• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guess you havnt looked at mirc in a while

cause mircs channel central doesnt have ACCESS

and doesnt know the user levels for each either

and mircs sucks as it only has a couple of the channel modes

- Replying ozzy: You're right, mIRC's sucks and lacks modes, but i haven't seen anything that's mode-related on your screenshots, and err0r's wasn't posted yet, and i suggested an AOp/banlist system on my previous post, that should handle access levels ;)

- Replying err0r: I totally agree with you, and i'm a dialogs' addict myself :) what i mean is: you could still be workin' on dialogs, yet on something more user-attracting, since the script is going to be released, it's like what's more important than what

I'd finish the MP3 player if i were you, it looks perfect and would be a great waste if it wasn't released.

speaking of protections, i totally disagree with you on that one :) imo protections are like a A.I., you could spend a life time perfecting & enhancing them.. Well, for chanserv or any other *serv, they have got their ups and downs, and they even disconnect and go offline sometimes, just like normal users, so no they ain't that reliable. For the /ignore part, this is a Client-side command, so basically mIRC blindfolds itself in order not to see what you don't want it to see, but that doesn't stop the data being sent by the server from reaching your client. So, technically, you could still get flooded off a server even if you're ignoring the offender, so yeah you might need prots after all, actually I could list tons of threats for wich you might need really decent protections, specially if coded by you guys

but gj anyways, i like both dialogs you guys made ;)

i'm just not into prots much... my feeling is ppl just shouldn't be flowers and you wouldn't need them lol

Prots maybe fun for you but for me they just aren't. Maybe i got burnt out on them during my msn days as I had to spend most of my scripting time making them. Everyone has their likes and dislikes on what they like to focus on.

mIRC does have some nice built in dialogs but you can only do with them what khaled allows you to. I make a lot of replacement dialogs for mIRC as I like to add functionality that you otherwise wouldn't get with the normal mIRC dialogs.

Most of the time when ozzy and i start making something it is not really planned. It's usually a reaction to something in mirc that we run into and do not like

For instance the story behind today's ban/except dialog is as follows:

We were talking about a ban that had not be removed from the ban list in the room. It was meant to be a timed ban, but for some reason the timer in mirc did not remove the ban. This made us curious what it would take to make our own system.. You saw the outcome. This happens a lot with ozzy and myself. We just like to see if we can do it once the idea is there.

As for things in the script i'm releasing. You won't see a lot of the things like the ban/except list and ect in it.

Basically it's going to be only a webchat/nicklist.

I'm releasing with the expectation that ppl will take it and improve it and use it in their own scripts as an option. I really don't want to spend a lot of time updating it and supporting it. It will be released with the option to do with it whatever you want. Use it, rip it, throw it in the recycle bin lol.

if you look in some of my other posts on here and other topics you will see i have been making a lot of new dialogs and one is modes and is also together in the access dialog

so it has access/except/ban/modes all in one dialog