Vista Vs Xp

i know a lot sre gonna view this as a fight in an organisation.but in my opinion vista is a dummy free OPS.if you dont like certain things you can turn them off.vista was made for the average computer user.ppl that click on links cuz they where given the link.the ordinary user will see a link and be curious, so what happens they click the link and then they end up downloading something instead of going to a site.vista was amde to protect the average user from this.thats why IE8 gives you the emulate option(ia do not nor never will endorse IE).i was scared when i switched and i bet most were when they switched for windows 2000 to XP.but they eventually did and now they are more scared cuz of the apple adds and i will tell you vista isnt bad at all if you knw what to turn off and what not to turn off.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to precise that I use a PC with a dual boot XP / Vista since the begining of Vista. I installed many games on the both OS. After many tests, I'm now sure that the same game is always faster and better on Vista.

ppl that click on links cuz they where given the link.the ordinary user will see a link and be curious, so what happens they click the link and then they end up downloading something instead of going to a site.vista was amde to protect the average user from this.thats why IE8 gives you the emulate option(ia do not nor never will endorse IE).

you can run any aplication in a sandbox , means you can run IE6 or even 7 in it aswell.

I would like to precise that I use a PC with a dual boot XP / Vista since the begining of Vista. I installed many games on the both OS. After many tests, I'm now sure that the same game is always faster and better on Vista.

That is because directx 10 is vista only and most new games have it enabled.

I've actually noticed a slight drop in my frames per second on Vista. Vista runs a lot more background processes for the OS than XP ever did. I've also noticed that I can get 30FPS on my game with all graphics maxed (4X Anti-aliasing) and once I minimize that game and look something up on the internet and then go back to my game I've dropped down to 5FPS in the game with the graphics maxed. Once I take my anti-aliasing down to none it will run just fine again. It's quite frustrating.

Guest X-Fusion
... vista is a dummy free OPS.if you dont like certain things you can turn them off.vista was made for the average computer user.... vista isnt bad at all if you knw what to turn off and what not to turn off.

You contradicted yourself. You said it's a dummy free OS, yet, you have to know what to turn on and off for your experience to be good. That wouldn't make it ideal for the average computer user.

XP has a limited number of brushes. When I use mIRC many times using MDX + photoshop + dreamweaver, I was over the limit of maximal number of brushes, and softwares have then errors (not able to open a new dialog, ...). Vista is increasing the number of available brushes. It's already a very good point.

Again the average user does not care about that. A few key things they do care about getting on the internet, email, messenger, chat sites and downloading. So, do you really need vista for those things, the answer is no.