Person.com

Unchained

it seems very unlikely. Just based on what i can see, it appears to be a flash type chat interface. Can you explain the website's chat system? As in, does it look like IRC? Or does it use some other protocol? There are a few questions that need to be answered before we can help, and most of us don't use dating services, so we are not aware as to how they go about with their chatrooms.

I see that it has features like audio and video support, so that would mean that it would most likely not be an IRC based system, or if it is, it would be a greatly modified version. So yea, it is a long shot.

You should take it up with the webmasters of person.com, they should be able to help you in the way of the take overs.

Yeah, I don't think it is IRC based at all, there are only about two IRC commands that seem to work, like /nick and /topic. I noticed that when connected to their chatrooms, it's through port 1935, which I believe all flash based systems use.

As for talking to the owners of the site about takeovers, they seem to have the attitude of the old MSN, they don't interefere in the affairs of user created chatrooms.

But like the old MSN, there are a lot of idiots running around using some type of program or bot to take over rooms, I just can't figure out how they are doing it or how to stop it. It would be easy if I could get a script in, but I can't.

So if anyone has any suggestions, they will all be greatly appreciated lol. Til then, I guess I'll just have to do lots of research.

Cheers

Guest X-Fusion

We (VSIXc) don't get involved with room issues, because if people come to the helpdesk every time someone burped in their room and they didn't like it, we'd be swamped for service. I think we draw the line when it's things the users can't handle (people getting out of bans, flooding a room to where they can't stop it, etc etc). I wouldn't say it's an attitude as much as it is a necessity. As far as the take over, it's probably an exploit in their flash system.